In today’s article, we are going to be teaching everything you need to know about Facebook Marketplace Buying Selling Rules and Regulations. Yes, during the course of this post, you will see Facebook Marketplace Rules.
So, if you are among the numerous android users and searching for a guide on How to stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace, this article has gotten you covered. Continue reading below and please don’t forget to share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!
Nevertheless, before we shall proceed with the guide on Facebook Marketplace Rules and Regulations, let us first off, consider how to create a facebook account.
Facebook App Account Profile
If you are an online user and looking for a guide on Facebook Marketplace Buying Selling, here are the steps you need to follow to signup for an account that will allow you to access facebook marketplace:
- Launch your android phone
- Next, tap on the play store and search for facebook app
- Tap download on the play store
- Wait for the app to download and then tap install
- Once the app installed, tap to open it
- When you are taken to the facebook app homepage, tap on the create new account
- Now, you will need to fill out the form by entering your first and last name, phone number or email address, password, date or birth as well as gender
- Next, tap signup to continue
- Afterward, copy and enter the confirmation code sent to you in the required field
How To Sign Up On Facebook Using Desktop
Here are the steps you need to follow to successfully sign up on Facebook;
- Open the Facebook site, www.facebook.com.
- Once you have done that, you can now click the “create new account” link at the top or bottom of the screen or page.
- After that, you will see another page, with some empty boxes.
- Those boxes should contain information about you.
- Now fill in your names, email or phone number, password, gender and your birthday.
- When all this is done correctly, click the signup button.
- Then you will be sent a confirmation message to your email or phone number.
- The message contains digits to confirm your sign up.
- Type in those digits in the confirmation box on Facebook.
- After that click the “continue” link.
Now you have fully completed your sign up steps and you are now a Facebook user.
Congratulation, your account is now live on Facebook. You can now start using the platform to access several things on Facebook.
Facebook Account Login Steps
If you have an account on facebook and want to figure out how to login, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit facebook.com on your browser
- Next, locate you will see where you can enter your login details. Now, enter either your phone number or email address that is linked to the account
- Enter password
- Now, click login and you will be taken to your account
It is that simple and easy. Once you do that, you will be taken to your Facebook profile. Having outlined that, let’s now proceed with the business of the day, Facebook Marketplace Buying Selling Rules and Regulations.
Facebook Marketplace is a platform for users to find, purchase, and sell products. On the Marketplace, Facebook allows sellers to list their products or services. Buyers will be able to reach the things listed in their own location as a result of this.
People and businesses can list things in the Facebook marketplace in many categories. Buyers can choose to explore specific categories, all categories, or search for a specific product. Are you unable to locate the Facebook Market Place feature on your Facebook page? Here’s why:
If you’re a vendor or a buyer on Facebook, you should familiarize yourself with some Facebook Marketplace rules. Every item sold on Facebook Marketplace must adhere to Facebook’s policies.
In this post, you’ll learn about the Facebook marketplace laws and how to safely buy and sell on the platform.
Facebook Marketplace Rules
The Facebook Marketplace rules are:
1. Non-Physical Items
Non-physical items are not allowed to be sold on the Facebook Marketplace. These items include:
- “in search of” posts,
- lost and found posts
- jokes, and news
2. Sales of Certain items are not allowed.
Facebook outlines certain items that cannot be sold on the Marketplace. These items include:
- Healthcare items (thermometers, first-aid kits, etc.).
- Illegal, prescription or recreational drugs.
- Tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Adult products or services.
- Digital media and electronic devices.
- Event tickets.
- Gift Cards.
- Unsafe supplements.
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives
3. Description Must Match with Photo
Facebook does not allow the sale of item or items that do not match with the description and title of the listing item on the Marketplace. For example, a photo showing weight loss.
Also Read: How to Add Marketplace to Facebook
How to stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace
Here are some tips that will help you stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace:
1. Protect your privacy: Always protect your privacy. Never share your financial information like PayPal login and password, bank account info, with buyers or sellers. If you’re selling electronics, make sure you’ve cleared any personal information from the device.
2. Meet in a safe location: Choose a public place to meet with the person you want to buy or sell from.
3. Verify the item in person: Verify the item you want to buy and be sure it is what you want before making payment for it. For high-value items (example: watches, luxury bags), you can request a certificate of authenticity or proof of purchase.
4. Use cash or person-to-person payment methods: Buyers and sellers should offer or accept cash or person-to-person payments available in Facebook Messenger or PayPal.
5. Watch out for counterfeit items: Review any items before buying to make sure that they’re genuine.
6. Be careful of too good to be true deals: Be careful of deals that seem too good to be true. Scammers may try to use underpriced items to lure buyers into a scam.
Still, got some other question or suggestions? Kindly use the comment section below, and we shall get back to you ASAP. Thanks and do well to share this article with your social media friends, using the share button below.