In today’s article, we are going to be teaching everything you need to know about Update on Facebook Marketplace Buying & Selling. Yes, during the course of this post, you will see Facebook Marketplace Tips On Buying And Selling.
So, if you are among the numerous android users and searching for a guide on Facebook Marketplace / Buy And Sell On Facebook App, this article has gotten you covered. Continue reading below and please don’t forget to share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!
Nevertheless, before we shall proceed with the guide on Tips for Selling on a Facebook Marketplace, let us first off, consider how to create a facebook account.
Facebook App Account Profile
If you are an online user and looking for a guide on FB Trading Online MarketPlace, here are the steps you need to follow to signup for an account that will allow you to access facebook marketplace:
- Launch your android phone
- Next, tap on the play store and search for facebook app
- Tap download on the play store
- Wait for the app to download and then tap install
- Once the app installed, tap to open it
- When you are taken to the facebook app homepage, tap on the create new account
- Now, you will need to fill out the form by entering your first and last name, phone number or email address, password, date or birth as well as gender
- Next, tap signup to continue
- Afterward, copy and enter the confirmation code sent to you in the required field
How To Sign Up On Facebook Using Desktop
Here are the steps you need to follow to successfully sign up on Facebook;
- Open the Facebook site, www.facebook.com.
- Once you have done that, you can now click the “create new account” link at the top or bottom of the screen or page.
- After that, you will see another page, with some empty boxes.
- Those boxes should contain information about you.
- Now fill in your names, email or phone number, password, gender and your birthday.
- When all this is done correctly, click the signup button.
- Then you will be sent a confirmation message to your email or phone number.
- The message contains digits to confirm your sign up.
- Type in those digits in the confirmation box on Facebook.
- After that click the “continue” link.
Now you have fully completed your sign up steps and you are now a Facebook user.
Congratulation, your account is now live on Facebook. You can now start using the platform to access several things on Facebook.
Facebook Account Login Steps
If you have an account on facebook and want to figure out how to login, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit facebook.com on your browser
- Next, locate you will see where you can enter your login details. Now, enter either your phone number or email address that is linked to the account
- Enter password
- Now, click login and you will be taken to your account
It is that simple and easy. Once you do that, you will be taken to your Facebook profile. Having outlined that, let’s now proceed with the business of the day, Buying and selling on Facebook Marketplace App – Facebook Marketplace App Install.
Facebook Marketplace Tips On Buying And Selling – They are Final Sales usually, but it’s up to the Seller though that’s something that you have to Ask the Seller they can Tell you if they will Refund your Money or not later on.
Be careful what you Buy off of the Marketplace Section.
Facebook Marketplace: Tips on Buying and Selling
If you’re new here, welcome! Subscribe to my email updates, so you don’t miss a thing. Thanks for visiting.
Are you a part of any Facebook Marketplaces in your area? I’d estimate I’m in 20 different marketplaces in my county, ranging from furniture and home goods to crafts & homemade items, and everything in between.
Whether you’re new or seasoned, I have some tips from buyers and sellers, and even from a couple of group administrators that can help you get the most for your money, completely headache-free!
How do you get started on a Facebook Marketplace?
It’s all about who you know! Sometimes they begin city- or county-wide, and when memberships become so large, it can become challenging to manage, so administrators may choose to break off by category.
Do some research, poll your friends on Facebook, and if they’re a part of a marketplace, ask them to invite you. Many groups are “closed” or “secret,” requiring an admin to approve potential new members.
Tips for Selling on a Facebook Marketplace:
- Admin tip: Read through the group policy, usually pinned to the top of the group page. Some will not allow you to cross-post, meaning post the same item in different groups. That opens up a whole bag o’ crazy trying to keep track of who was next in line!
- Admin tip: Watch several transactions take place before jumping in. See how the conversations flow, ask questions.
- Take a decent photo: The best photos have a contrasting, solid background – crop out your spouse/kid/dog sleeping on the couch and potato chip bag on the coffee table, please! (I’ve seen it, for reals).
- Price your items to sell, at or slightly above garage sale prices. That gives you a little wiggle room for negotiating, but probably 75% of what I have sold the buyer never asks if I would take lower.
- Post in the correct category: Don’t post a blender in women’s clothing because you think women would be the ones wanting a blender. #Seriously.
- Be quick in responding (also when buying): This is a simple courtesy. No one wants to get excited because they’re the first to respond to a deal, and you don’t get back to them for 48 hours. See the group’s rules for acceptable timeframes. And have grace, not everyone is mobile and can respond in 15 seconds or less.
- Meet in person off-site for higher-priced items. I’m sure this goes without saying, but don’t leave cash lying on your doorstep for 10 hours. If you work from home or stay at home, you might be comfortable with leaving your sold items in a tote on your porch and collect cash once the item has been picked up. Otherwise, find a safe meeting spot close to home to make your transaction.
Here’s an example of a perfect Facebook Marketplace transaction. The seller posted details of her item, her general location, and price. Someone responded, then the seller replied that she private messaged the first responder.
Facebook Marketplace Tips On Buying And Selling – One additional person expressed interest by commenting, “Next.” If the first buyer passes, the seller will go to the next one in line.
Tips for Buying on a Facebook Marketplace:
Line jumping is not a sport in the marketplace! If there is more than one person ahead of you, in fact, “inline” in your comment, and any respectable seller will move down the list, in order, should the first responder pass on the item. Don’t type in “Quick pick-up! I need this item ASAP because my dog is dying, and my car broke down, and my boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife left me.” Wait your turn like everyone else.
Do any bartering before pickup. Some like to do this via a Facebook private message.
Inspect items upon pickup. It’s ok to pass!
Learn the terms: Similar to selling on eBay or Craig’s List, learn the terms, so you know what the heck people are talking about. PPU = pending pick-up; EUC = excellent used condition; NWOT = new without tags, etc.
Is it time-consuming? It can be. Factor in your time taking and uploading your photo. Turn off your notifications, so your Facebook newsfeed doesn’t become inundated with marketplace deals. And some do complain that there are no-shows when an item is scheduled to be picked up.
Is it safe? I believe so, especially when you can meet someone off-site if you are concerned in any way. As with any online communication or transaction, be smart. One admin told me she’s seen people put their street address within a comment (instead of private messaging). That would be not smart.
Is it fun? Yeah, I’ll admit it’s pretty fun! I sell most of my kids’ clothes and toys through Indy Kids Sale twice a year, but I have had some decent success with home décor, household items, and my clothing.
I save up my cash from selling for some “fun money,” spending it on shoes or a purse, you know, girlie things like that. Another friend of mine sold her entire living room furniture set through the Facebook marketplace and used that money to put toward her new set.
Update on Facebook Marketplace Buying & Selling
After reading through my original article dating back to 2014, surprisingly, many facts and nuggets of wisdom are the same. Play nice, wait your turn, don’t be a line jumper, and show up if you agree to meet.
What has changed:
- Facebook has now changed the look of these groups and the look of posts themselves. When it first became a “thing,” buy/sell posts looked much like your standard Facebook post in your newsfeed. Now, there are sections for item name, price, location, and description.
- You can also see from the blue callout box, that now when you post to a group, you have the option to select more groups or even “THE” Marketplace. By increasing the number of groups your item is published in, more eyeballs will see it, and it could potentially sell faster.
- Another change … messaging buyers and sellers to communicate around a possible sale is super easy. Under the item’s photo is a box that says, “Message Seller.” And when you have potential buyers indicating their interest in a comment, right under the person’s name is “Like,” “Reply,” and “Message.”
- And, if you choose to lower the price it will put a slash through the original price, the original price is red, and the new lower price is in green. This is a beautiful, eye-catching change.
That is it on Update on Facebook Marketplace Buying & Selling – Facebook Marketplace Tips On Buying And Selling. I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share!!!