Updated post on what names are allowed on facebook. I just updated this article on the names that are allowed and those that are prohibited on the giant social media platform, facebook.
Interestingly, before you dash to the facebook platform to sign up an account, it is pertinent you get to know the facebook platform account signup dos and don’ts.
The reason being that if you don’t know them, you will end up getting denied of creating account on facebook over and over.
I wrote this post some few years back and I have deemed it fit to update it to the latest trend on Facebook features.
In this article, you’ll be shown basic things you need to keep in mind while creating facebook account.
Continue reading below and please don’t hesitate to share this article with your friends and loved ones. Thanks a million!1!
Is there any name that is not allowed on Facebook? Recently, as I tried to create a Facebook account, when I entered a name I wanted to use as my Facebook account name, I was not allowed to use that particular name as my Facebook name.
I tried again and again but still, on still I was not allowed to use that particular name. Well, in order to know the root cause of the problem, I decided to choose another name and immediately
I was allowed to create and own a new Facebook account.
When I checked the two different names, I discovered that the name I was not allowed to create a Facebook account with has certain characters that are not allowed by Facebook account creation policy.
In view of this, I have decided to create this post to enable every person to have a knowledge of the various names that are not allowed by Facebook.
So, today, I shall be showing you what names are allowed on Facebook and what names are not also allowed on Facebook.
As we all know, Facebook is a community where everyone uses the name they go by in everyday life.
This makes it so that you always know who you’re connecting with and helps keep the Facebook community safe.
Below is the list of what you are not expected to include in your name while creating Facebook account;
– Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation
– Characters from multiple languages
– Titles of any kind (example: professional, religious)
– Words or phrases in place of a name
– Offensive or suggestive words of any kind
Note that If your name follows Facebook standards and you’re still having trouble changing it, find out why by contacting Facebook.
Things to keep in mind while creating a Facebook account:
– The name on your profile should be the name that your friends call you in everyday life. This name should also appear on an ID or document from our ID list.
– Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they’re a variation of your authentic name (like Bob instead of Robert).
– You can also list another name on your account (example: maiden name, nickname, professional name).
– Profiles are for individual use only. You can create a Page for a business, organization or idea.
– Pretending to be anything or anyone isn’t allowed.