> How do I deactivate Facebook Messenger 2019?
> Can I deactivate messenger but keep Facebook?
> What happens when you deactivate Facebook Messenger?
Facebook messenger can be accessed on the parent site, facebook or on a separate app, messenger app.
If you download and use the messenger app without facebook, you can deactivate it on the app. On the other hand, if you use messenger with your facebook account, you’ll need to deactivate your facebook account first before your messenger can be deactivated.
Deactivating your facebook messenger app will hide your messenger profile from other people on the messaging platform.
During this period of your account deactivation, you won’t be able to send and receive messages from friends and loved ones.
In other words, people won’t be able to chat you, interact with your profile, however, some of your data(like previous conversations as well as profile name) may still be seen by your friends.
The process involved in deactivating facebook account is very simple and easy. Let’s quickly remind ourselves how to get deactivate facebook before we shall proceed to deactivating a facebook messenger account.
How To Deactivate Facebook Account
To deactivate your facebook account using your personal computer, do the following:
1. Type facebook.com in your browser, go to the top right corner, enter either your full name, email address, username or cellphone number and password in the spaces provided and click Log In to proceed to your facebook newsfeed.
2. Next, go to the top right corner of the page and click on the V shaped icon and click Settings from the drop down menu
3. Click Your Facebook Information at the left column of the page to your facebook data page.
4. Locate and click Deactivation and Deletion
5. Click Continue to deactivation at the bottom right of the box
6. Enter your login password and click Continue
7. Click deactivate
8. Finally, click Deactivate Now and you’re done
That is how to deactivate your facebook account using your computer.
If you’re using Facebook app on your iPhone or Android phone, do the following to deactivate your facebook account.
How to Deactivate Facebook App(iPhone And Android Phone)
To deactivate your facebook account on app, do the following:
1. Open the facebook app on your smartphone
2. Tap on the menu button(the three parallel lines at the top of right of your android phone and at the bottom of your iPhone device)
3. Tap Settings & Privacy on the next page that show up
4. Tap Settings from the dropdown
5. Scroll down to the Your Facebook Information and tap Account Ownership and Control
6. Now, tap Deactivation and Deletion
7. Tap Continue to Account Deactivation at the bottom of the page
8. Enter your password and tap Continue
9. Tap deactivate
10. Tap Deactivate Now and you’re ready to take sometime off your facebook account
That is how to deactivate your facebook account using your mobile devices.
How To Deactivate Messenger
If you’ve successfully performed the above steps to deactivate your facebook account, you’re now ready to deactivate your messenger.
To deactivate your messenger, do the following:
1. First off, tap on the messenger app on your smartphone to proceed to your messaging platform
2. Next, go to the top left column of your messenger app and tap on your profile picture
3. Scroll down the page and tap Legal & Policies at the bottom of the page that show up
4. Tap Deactivate Messenger
5. Finally, tap Deactivate
How To Deactivate Messenger Lite App
To deactivate your messenger lite profile, do the following:
1. Tap on the messenger lite app on your device
2. Tap on your the gear shaped icon to the top right corner of the app
3. roll down and tap Privacy & Terms
4. Tap Deactivate Messenger Lite
5. Lastly, tap Deactivate and you’re done
That is how to deactivate messenger in 2019.
Can I deactivate messenger but keep Facebook?
There is no feature that lets you deactivate messenger and still keep facebook. As earlier outlined, to deactivate your messenger, you’ll need to deactivate your facebook account first.
If you don’t deactivate your facebook account, there won’t be a deactivate option on messenger and thus, you can’t deactivate messenger.
So there is no way you can hover about the messaging platform to get solution to how to deactivate messenger without deactivating facebook.
What happens when you deactivate Facebook Messenger?