e-ID Card Issuance: Looking for the requirements for issuance of the National Identity Management Commission, NIMC e-ID Card
? We’ll be showing you in this post the requirements for the National e-ID Card collection and activation process.
Requirements for the National e-ID Card collection and activation
– Customer receives Batch ID Number via SMS
– Applicants must have a 4 digit secret pin (only known to them) for the e-ID Card activation.
– Applicant’s fingerprints will be used for activation (for applicants with fingers only).
– Card Owners walk into the NIMC Card collection Centre and present the text message or email printouts received from NIMC with the batch ID.
– The Card Operations Support Officer uses the batch ID extracted from the Card Owner’s SMS in order to sort out his/her Card.
– The Activation Officer after sorting the Card gives the Card Owner the e-ID Card to confirm his/her Names and Address on the Card Envelope.
– Following the Card Owner’s confirmation, the Card Owner is advised to open the card envelope, bring out the e-ID Card, and verify the Names,
– Date of Birth and Image on the face of the e-ID Card before Activation is done.
– If the Card Owner is satisfied with the information on the e-ID Card, the Activation officer collects the e-ID Card from the Card owner for a Match-on-Card (MOC) Verification.
– After the Match-on-Card (MOC) verification, the Activation Officer then Activates the Electronic Public Key Infrastructure (ePKI), Electronic -ID (eID), International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Applet and Europay-MasterCard-Visa (EMV) Applet Using a four-digit password created by the Card Owners (and only known to the card owner).
– The National e-ID Card will be returned to the Card owner after the completion of activation.
– To check your card status visit: touch.nimc.gov.ng
Service Fee: FREE
Availability: Monday – Friday (8a.m. to 5p.m.)
Dependencies: Availability of Network
Please note that only those who have received an SMS can come forward to collect their Cards as directed in the SMS. No one can collect your National e-ID Card on your behalf. To qualify for a National e-ID Card, you must first be enrolled and have a National Identification Number (NIN).
Below is an illustrated summary of the e-ID Card collection process:
You must have received an SMS from NIMC
Step 2 (Collection Centre)
Go to the NIMC Collection Centre indicated in the SMS sent to you. Take your NIN/Transaction slip along. Mention the Batch ID on the SMS.
Step 3 (Envelope Given/Received)
Receive your National e-ID Card in a sealed envelope. Open the envelope, take out the Card, sign on the space provided at the back. after reading, please keep all the inserts in the envelope safely
Step 4 (Biometric Verification)
Do a Biometric Verification to confirm that it is your Card. This also confirms that the Card has been properly printed
Step 5 (PIN Number Selection)
After biometric verification, you will be required to enter a FOUR (4) DIGIT NUMBER chosen by you to activate your National e-ID Card
Step 6 (Fund Loading)
There is provision for fund loading at the NIMC Collection Centre. You can also do actual Cash Loading at any branch of UBA nationwide