Have you ever be spammed on Facebook
? Amid spam on your Facebook account, what and what did you do? Well, some of us have been spam from one point to the other. And today, a lot of persons are still spam. So now the question is what can you do to stop someone from spamming you on Facebook? To answer this question is the major reason why I have taken the time to prepare this article. So, feel free to go through it with keen attention and do well to follow the instructions that shall be stated out accordingly.
Let me quickly stress here that spam involves contacting people with unwanted content or requests. This includes sending bulk messages, excessively posting links or images to people’s timelines and sending friend requests to people you don’t know personally. Spam is sometimes spread through clicking on bad links or installing malicious software. On other occasions, scammers gain access to people’s Facebook accounts, which are then used to send out spam.
Read: How to Report a Fake Account that is Pretending to be you on Facebook
If you clicked on something that turned out to be spam or your account is creating unwanted posts, events, groups or Pages, try these steps:
Secure your account
– If you can log into your account, we recommend changing your password. If you can’t get into your account, you can secure it.
– If someone is repeatedly posting something you think is spam, consider unfriending, blocking or reporting that person.
Review account activity and remove any spam
– Check your login history for suspicious logins
– Run a review of your recent posts and likes
– Check your Activity Log and delete any unwanted actions
– Check your installed apps and games and delete anything you don’t trust
– Delete any photos, posts, Pages, groups or events that you didn’t create.
Report spam to Facebook
If you come across spam on Facebook, report it to the Facebook team. By doing so, you’ll be playing an important role in helping Facebook protect other people from scams.
Read: How to Report an account for impersonation on Facebook | Report Fake Facebook account Now