What is Facebook poke?
Let me simply say that a “poke” on Facebook is used to attract the attention of another user–there are no set rules about how pokes can be used, but they can be employed as simple reminders, as friendly greetings and for many other purposes.
Facebook friends who have poked you will be listed on the side of the News Feed when you first sign in, and if you wish you can receive email notifications of pokes as well. You can opt to return, hide or ignore each poke message.
How to check pokes on Facebook
Here’re are the simplified steps on how to check pokes on Facebook. To check your pokes, endeavour to follow these steps with keen attention.
2. Check the column on the right-hand side of the screen to see a list of other users who have poked you. The Pokes box appears beneath Upcoming events, the Find more friends tool and a sponsored message.
3. Return a poke by clicking the Poke backlink. A confirmation window will appear–click on the Poke box to confirm your action.
4. Click on a username in the Pokes box to visit the person’s profile page. The option to poke them will appear in the top right-hand corner, and this can be used as an alternative to the method in the previous step.
5. Click the small cross next to an entry in the Pokes box to dismiss the notification–the poke will no longer appear in your News Feed, and the user will be free to poke you again.
6. Select the Account link in the top right-hand corner and then click Account Settings. Open up the Notifications tab and you can modify the way that Facebook alerts you to new pokes–email and text updates are available.
1. Any of your confirmed Facebook friends, any friends of friends and anyone in a shared network can poke you. The same rules govern the people you are able to poke in return.
2. Hiding a poke from view dismisses it forever. No permanent record of the pokes that you’ve received is kept by Facebook.
3. Check that the email address and mobile number entered in your account settings are accurate to ensure that poke notifications reach you.