Read: How do I Make an Announcement on Facebook?
– Sign in to Facebook and click on the “Apps” link in the left column of the homepage.
– Click on the “Events” link. All of your applications are listed by date of last use, with more recently used apps at the top.
– Click on the light gray “Create an Event” button in the top right corner of the Events menu.
– Click the drop-down menus in the “When” line to set a time and date for your event. Fill out the “What are you planning?” and “Where” fields so potential guests know exactly what type of event you’re throwing. An optional “More Info?” field is also available if you want to offer a more detailed description of the event.
– Click the “Guest List” field and click on the name of each friend you want to invite to add specific guests. Click “Save and Close” at the bottom of the window.
– Leave the box next to “Anyone can view and RSVP (public event)” checked to make your event page serve as a virtual flyer.
– Click the “Create Event” button at the bottom of the screen to post your event to the site.
NOTE:A public event page is visible to anyone on the social networking site and may be shared via a user’s Facebook Wall. Anyone can click “Share” under an event’s name to post a link to the event to his own wall or that of a friend or group.