Total Nig. Job Description
Interested applicants are to note that all the successful candidates from the selection process will undergo a period of supervised practical training on the job for 1 year, during which they would:
1. Gain knowledge of and comply with Company Procedures and Code of Conduct
2. Participate in the Toolbox Talks and ensure hazard compensatory measures are in place
3. Perform regular checks and audits of the working locations
4. Prepare and perform isolation, flushing, inerting of equipment as required
5. Ensure safe equipment handover to third parties
6. Carry out the daily routine activities (visual checks, leak checks, set up / reset up, change over, …)
7. Participate in the periodic inspections and tests on Safety Equipment (Fire Water Pump, Deluge System, Emergency valves, …) and fill out the relevant log sheets,
8. Carry out first level maintenance (e.g. valve greasing, pump tests, instrument checks, purging, draining, filter changeover/replacement, easy fix, diagnostics/trouble shootings and contributes to further in depth analyses, etc)
9. Record local functional parameters (e.g. meter, levels, recorders)
10. Learn to report any abnormal observation/variation in timely manner, including vibrations, leaks, blockages, plant integrity infringement, …
11. Perform samplings for laboratory analysis,
12. Be involved in Startup/shutdown the plant and / or equipment and/or facilities as required,
13. Contribute to Cause Tree Analysis, Risk Assessments, Permit to Work preparation, Operating Procedures, …, as required,
14.Contributesto SIMOPS, Commissioning and Start-up activities as required
15. Upon confirmation of satisfactory completion of the Training Contract, trainees will be eligible for employment.
Here’re the list of qualifications interested applicants are expected to possess before they can be deemed fit for the job application;
1. OND in Engineering or Sciences (Diploma qualification obtained must not be earlier than 2013)
2. Oil & Gas operations competency certification (OPITO or its equivalent)
3. 2 years experience in Oil Field Operations
4. Strong HSE awareness and commitment
5. Good communication and interpersonal skills
6. Demonstrable motivation and potential to learn
Region, department, area
Workplace location 2
Experience level required
0 – 3 years
Exploration and Production
How to apply
To apply for the job, click here.
Interest applicants are to note that the application is strictly online on the company official website. The application will end on the 4th of June, 2018 (4-June-2018). So all the concerned peraons are requested to apply on or before the deadline.
Still need more about the Total Nigeria PLC?
Okay, here is a bonus for you.
About Total Nigeria PLC
Total Nigeria PLC is a Nigeria-based company engaged in the marketing of petroleum and liquefied petroleum gas. The Company operates in three business lines, namely White Products (Retail and General Trade), Lubricants & Special Products, and Aviation fuels.
The Company’s products portfolio includes fuels, lubricants, gas, insecticides, car-care products and bitumen. (Nigeria) PLC operates through a network of 500 retail outlets, five LPG bottling plants and three lubricant blending plants.
Total (Nigeria) PLC’s major shareholder is Total SA. Total Nigeria Plc is a Marketing and Services subsidiary of Total; a multinational energy company operating in more than 130 countries and committed to providing sustainable products and services for its customers.
For over 50 years, Total Nigeria Plc has remained the leader in the downstream sector of the Nigerian oil and gas industry with an extensive distribution network of over 500 service stations nationwide and a wide range of top quality energy products and services.
TOTAL NIGERIA PLC (RC 1396) was incorporated as a private company on June 1, 1956 to market petroleum products in Nigeria. In September 11, 2001, the company had a successful merger which paved way for sustainable growth and continuous development.
The share capital of the company after the merger is presently =N=169,761,000 made up of 50k ordinary shares authorised and fully paid up with Nigerian Citizens and Associations holding 38.28% of the share capital.
TOTAL Nigeria Plc commissioned its first Filling Station at Herbert Macaulay Street, Yaba, Lagos in 1956. Since then, the ever-increasing demand for convenient accessibility to petroleum products and services as well as the need to be closer to its customers made Total Nigeria Plc to invest in its network of over 500 service stations, 19 customer service centers, numerous industrial outlets, 5 depots, distribution plants and warehouses with high safety standards spread across the Western, Northern, and Eastern territories in Nigeria.
To satisfy the evolving needs of its customers, the company developed a ‘one-stop centre’ strategy whereby a variety of customers’ needs are met in one place, TOTAL service stations.
Therefore, in addition to receiving premium customer service from service attendants, customers could purchase petroleum products, conveniently shop at Café Bonjour shops, and receive premium car maintenance and care services from our Auto Express and Auto Clean Deluxe Services.