1. Log in to your Facebook account. Enter the name of Facebook user you want to contact anonymously into the “Search for people, places and things” box. Names will appear in a drop-down menu as you type. Highlight and click on the Facebook user’s name to visit her user page.
2. Highlight the Facebook user’s username, which appears after “facebook.com/” in the URL of the Facebook user’s profile page. This name is not always the Facebook user’s real name and could be a nickname.
3. Press “Ctrl-C” to copy the username.
4. Log in to the email account of your choice. If you wish to keep your ties to your business anonymous, do not use your business account. However, while you do not have to do so, it’s more professional to use an email account with your real name than one with an invented name.
5. Compose a new email. In the “To” box, paste the Facebook user’s username with “Ctrl-V.” Enter “@facebook.com” immediately after the username.
6. Enter text in the subject line and the message box to compose your message. Click “Send.” The message will appear in the Facebook user’s account after she next logs in. She will be able to reply to your email via Facebook if she chooses.
Before you proceed on Facebook, remember that you represent a business, even if you wish to remain anonymous when you first contact the Facebook user. Remain professional and never contact a Facebook user to harass him.