Location(s): • Lagos, South West — Nigeria
Specialization: • Human Resources / Recruitment
Application Deadline: Not Specified
See also: Baker Hughes Graduate HR Intern 2018
Job Type Fulltime
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Talent Acquisition and Workforce Demand Manager – SSA (Job Number: 1808676) Locations: Lagos, Nigeria. Location can be changed to Angola or Kenya.
Regional Talent Acquisition and Workforce Demand Managers are Planning, Hiring & Onboarding professionals responsible for co-coordinating the delivery of headcount, recruitment, offer management and hiring and onboarding services to key customers.
The Talent Acquisition & WFD Manager plays a vital role in creating long-term relationships with customers, acting as the bridge between Hiring Managers, HR, Candidates and the Specialists who are accountable for operational delivery.
– The key accountability is governance across all areas of their services including process management and operational execution, incident management and escalation, continual service improvement and customer satisfaction.
– Lead a team of Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Specialists (Recruitment, Global Mobility, and Processing) to deliver end-to-end, customer-centric hiring and onboarding for the Region/P&T/Function.
– Lead regional integration activities to build a standalone recruitment function for BHGE. In collaboration with the Global TA Lead provide strategic direction for the TA function within the region.
– Act as the single point of contact, to build a personal relationship with Geomarket MDs/PL Directors and Functional Leads for all Headcount and Talent Acquisition activities.
– Manage relationships with the Geomarket/Product Line/Functional leadership teams to ensure that robust sourcing strategies are developed and deployed for known and anticipated resourcing needs, including outreach, hiring events, job fairs, trade events, employee referral programs and advertising campaigns.
– Lead the GTA recruitment team activity within the Region. Providing the GTA team with Workforce Demand plans, and being a point of escalation for Talent Acquisition and Onboarding issues.
– Collaborate with HR colleagues for workforce planning information, Total Rewards for salary trend analysis and Legal/Compliance for employment law.
– Provide headcount visibility based on current and forecasted plans and obtains approvals as needed to initiate resourcing activities.
– Guide the delivery of process outcomes for all hiring for Full-Time Regular, International Assignee and Rotators positions in line with business priorities. Ensure legal compliance.
– Manage all aspects of delivery to drive hiring manager and candidate satisfaction, including the timeliness of the process and the quality of hire.
– Communicate progress and outcomes to Leadership Team Members, Hiring Managers and HRBPs using all available channels.
– Remove obstacles that diminish the effectiveness of the team’s ability to deliver customer-centric processes to agreed timelines.
– Interpret performance metrics to drive continuous process improvement.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:Not Specified
MIN QUALIFICATION:Bachelor’s Degree/HND
DESIRED COURSES:Not Specified
Essential Attributes: Customer focus Delivers Talent Acquisition and Onboarding outcomes to satisfy candidate and hiring manager requirements Team work and leadership Provides leadership and sets priorities for the team. Organizes the team’s work to bring together complementary skills and expertise.
Process capability Uses approved processes and systems to deliver the required Talent Acquisition, onboarding process and headcount management processes Resource management Manages and directs resources within both legacy companies Allocates and controls resources within the team to meet current and anticipated hiring requirements.
Anticipates changes in requirements and secures additional resources. Encourages and values team members’ inputs. Supports the competency development of the team.
Uses business acumen to underpin resourcing and cost management decisions. Understands and works effectively within a matrix structure. Recognizes what is acceptable and not acceptable within the organization, including decision authority and compliance requirements.
Specialist skills and knowledge
Understanding of the BHI business purpose and business strategy, and the methods of translating headcount plans into actionable resourcing plans. Applies knowledge of talent attraction, assessment and offer management processes underpinned by specific market data. Vendor management, including monitoring performance for cost and service-level agreements.
– Senior Talent Acquisition background, or a HR background with an element of headcount planning. – Previous management or leadership experience
– Demonstrable experience with providing HR management information to senior business leaders
– Previous experience using an ATS or HRMS
– Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
How to apply for the job
Interested and qualified applicants can click here to apply for the job online. Note that the application is strictly online via the link given above.
Baker Hughes Nigeria
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an international industrial service company and one of the world’s largest oil field services companies. As of July 2017 Baker Hughes is 62.5% owned by General Electric Company and 37.5% publicly traded. Starting with Nigeria’s first oil well in 1959, Baker Hughes has helped operators here increase operating efficiency and ultimate recovery.
As Nigerian operations expand into more challenging and costly operating environments, we are there to deliver critical access to the latest technologies, efficient logistics support, and highly experienced personnel. Our local infrastructure and logistics ensure we have the right equipment and people to keep your deepwater operations running efficiently.
Optimal results from global experience Baker Hughes operates in more than 90 countries worldwide, partnering with national oil companies, international oil companies, and independent operators to maximize the value from each reservoir in a multitude of applications, including deepwater, high-pressure/high-temperature (HP/HT), unconventional gas, subsalt drilling, production, water management, and much more. We listen to you to make sure we understand your challenges.
Then, leveraging our expertise and technology, we help you manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery, and boost return on investment throughout the life of your assets.