However, before you can attempt to change your name on Facebook, Facebook demanded you review its name standard as not every name is allowed on the site.
This Facebook’s name standard allows you to know the list of names that are allowed and those that are prohibited on Facebook. Before we shall proceed with the tutorial on how to hover around Facebook and get your name changed via the account settings option, let’s take a brief look at the Facebook Name Standard.
– How Can I Measure Facebook Fan Traffic?
1. Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation.
2. Characters from multiple languages.
3. Titles of any kind (example: professional, religious).
4. Words or phrases in place of a name.
5. Offensive or suggestive words of any kind.
Note that if your name doesn’t include any of the above-stated features but, you’re still having an issue changing it, it then means that something might have been wrong somewhere. See our helpful tips on why you can’t change your name on Facebook even though you’ve not violated the Facebook name standard below.
Why You Can’t Change Your Facebook Name
If you’re having trouble changing your name on Facebook, it may be that;
1.Your name doesn’t follow Facebook name policy.
2. You changed your name in the last 60 days, or you tried to change it too frequently.
3. You were previously asked to confirm your name on Facebook.
4. Your name doesn’t match the name that appears on an item from Facebook ID list.
If the trouble still persists, you can use this link to request a name change and confirm your name.
Summary of Facebook name standards
In conclusion, aside from the various rules given above as regards Facebook name standards, Facebook users are also expected to take note of the following while choosing names on Facebook;
1.The name on your profile should be the name that your friends call you in everyday life. This name should also appear on an ID or document from Facebook ID list.
2. Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they’re a variation of your authentic name (like Bob instead of Robert).
3. You can also list another name on your account (example: maiden name, nickname, professional name).
4. Profiles are for individual use only. You can create a Page for a business, organization or idea.
5. Pretending to be anything or anyone isn’t allowed on Facebook.
How to change your name on Facebook
Having outlined all of the above, here’s Belmadeng.com helpful guide on how you can change your name on Facebook. The Belmadeng team has taken the time to summarize the procedure in such a way that everyone can undertake it on their own without assistance from anyone. So follow the guide accordingly and get your name changed.
If you’ve review Facebook names standard, and you want to change your Facebook name, do the following;
1. Log in to your Facebook account
2. Click the small triangular-shaped icon at the top right-hand corner of your Facebook homepage
3. From the drop-down menu, select settings to continue
4. Next, click on the edit button that is directly in front of “name” under the general account settings option.
5. On performing step four above, a box shall display with options for you to change your name. Enter in your name in the spaces provided and then click review name to continue.
6. Finally, enter your password and then click save changes.
That is it.
Final Note: Before you proceed on Facebook, bear in mind, that you can only change your name every 60 days. That is to say that if you change your name on Facebook, you can’t change it again for 60 days. While entering your name, don’t add any unusual capitalization, punctuation, characters or random words to your name.