How to delete unwanted Facebook photos
Facebook allows its users to delete pictures or images they don’t want to be on the platform anymore. If you want to delete a photo from Facebook, follow our helpful tips on how to get that done with ease below;
Your Facebook profile picture is the image you choose to represent yourself at the top of your timeline/profile page, which also appears as a small icon next to your messages and status updates in your friends’ news feeds. To delete your profile photo on Facebook, follow the following;
1. Log in to your Facebook account
2. Next, click your profile image.
3. The full-size of the photo will pop-up. Select “Options” at the bottom of the picture.
4. Finally, select “Delete This Photo” from the list of poptions that appear.
– How Can I Measure Facebook Fan Traffic?
Note that if you don’t want to delete your profile photo rather, you want to change it, that you can hover your mouse over the profile photo and select Update Profile Picture. You can choose an image you already have on Facebook, upload a new one from your computer or take a brand new photo with a webcam.
Your Facebook Cover Photo is the large horizontal banner image you can display on the top of your timeline/profile page. The smaller profile photo is inset into the bottom of the Cover Photo. If you want to delete your cover photo, follow our helpful tips below:
1, First, log in to your Facebook account
2. Next, Hover your mouse over the Cover Photo.
3. Click the button called Update Cover Photo at the top left-hand corner of the photo.
4. Then select Remove from the drop-down menu.
5. Finally, click Confirm.
Mind you that if you want to just change your Cover Photo to be a different image, go back to Step 2 above and then select Choose From My Photos to pick a different image you already have on your account, or Upload Photo… to add a new one from your computer. You can also reposition your cover photo. To reposition the photo the way you like, then you’ve to select reposition from the drop-down menu and then play around it and rotate it the way you like.
Your Facebook photo albums are groupings of photos that you have created and are accessible from your Timeline/profile area. Other Facebook users can browse them when they visit your Timeline, if and only if you have given them access to do so by making it public. To delete your Facebook photo albums, do follow our helpful tips below;
1. If you’ve not yet log in to your Facebook account, you have to do that first
2. Next, on the page that displays, click Photos.
3. Then Select Albums.
4. Open the album you want to remove.
5. Click the small settings icon next to the Edit button.
6. Click Delete Album.
7. Confirm by clicking Delete Album again.
Bear this in mind before you proceed on Facebook: You can not delete albums that were created by Facebook like the Profile Pictures, Cover Photos and Mobile Uploads albums. You can, however, delete individual pictures inside those albums by opening the picture to its full size and navigating to Options > Delete This Photo.
Photos as Updates
Individual photos that you uploaded to Facebook by attaching them to a status update are stored in their own album called Timeline Photos.
1. Access Timeline Photos by going to your profile and choosing Photos.
2. Select Albums.
3. Click Timeline Photos.
4. Open the image you want to remove.
5. Click the Options link at the bottom of the picture.
6. Choose Delete This Photo.
If you want to remove the picture without going into the album, you can just find the status update and open the image there, and then return to Step 5 above.
– How Can I Measure Facebook Fan Traffic?
Hiding Photos From Your Timeline on Facebook
You can also hide photos you’ve been tagged in to prevent people from seeing them on your Timeline.
1. Open the picture.
2. On the right side, above any tags and comments, choose Allowed on Timeline.
3. In the drop-down menu, select Hidden from Timeline.
You can find all the photos you’ve been tagged in through Activity Log > Photos You’re Tagged In.
Deleting Photo Tags
If you don’t want people to easily find photos you’ve been tagged in, you can untag yourself. Removing tags with your name does not delete those photos but instead just makes it harder for your Facebook friends to find them.
1. On the menu bar at the top of Facebook, click the small down arrow next to the question mark.
2. Select Activity Log.
3. Choose Photos from the left pane.
4. Click the checkbox for each image you no longer want to be tagged in.
5. Choose the Report/Remove Tags button at the top.
6. Click Untag Photos.
Please help us promote this article by sharing it with your friends on Facebook…Thanks!!!