I just updated this facebook post on how facebook users can deactivate messages on FB if they so choose.
Interestingly, this article have been updated in such a way that every facebook user can undertake the steps they need to deactivate messages on facebook.
So if you’re among the over 2.2 billion active monthly Facebook users and want to figure out how to deactivate messages on the giant social media platform, this article got you covered.
Continue reading below and please don’t hesitate to share this article with your friends and loved ones.
How to deactivate messages on Facebook: If people, especially those who aren’t your Facebook friends have been bugging you with unwanted or irrelevant messages, you can choose to deactivate their messages.
Deactivating their messages on Facebook doesn’t mean that you’ll not be receiving messages from them.
Here, we’ll be sharing with you the procedure you can follow to configure your message settings in such a way that people from Facebook won’t be disturbing you with unwanted messages.
– How Can I Measure Facebook Fan Traffic?
Yes, doing that will enable you to enjoy all of the benefits we’ve outlined above.
To set your message to strict on Facebook, do the following;
1. First, log in to your Facebook account
2. On the top right-hand corner of your Facebook homepage, click the privacy shortcuts button. This will open a drop-down. From the drop-down menu, select “who can contact me” to continue. Finally, hit “strict filtering”.
See a screenshot below.
Do the following;
1. Click the triangular-shaped button at the top right-hand corner of your Facebook homepage and then click “settings” from the drop-down menu.
2. Next, click “blocking” from the list of options at the left-hand corner of the new page that displays.
3. Enter in the name of the person in the space provided on the block messages. Click on the name of the person from the list Facebook shall suggest for you and the person will be blocked immediately.
To be sure, check if you’ll see the name of the person written below the space with “unblock” in front. You can unblock the person by clicking on the unblock button if you choose to.
Should in case the above method is not working for you, you can try other ways. Aside from the above methods, there are other ways Facebook users can use to curb unwanted messages from friends on the giant social media channel.
Let’s consider the two additional methods which Facebook users can undertake to control unwanted messages from friends on Facebook. The two ways are;
1. Unfriending your friends on Facebook
2. Blocking your friends on Facebook.
Here, we’re going to consider them one after the other. Please follow the instructions accordingly so that you can undertake it on your own.
1. Sign in to your Facebook account
2. From your Facebook homepage that displays, click on the “friends” button and a new page shall display showing the list of all your Facebook friends.
3. Next, scroll down the list of your friends to locate the friend you want to unfriend and then click on the “friends” button which is in front of that your friend.
4. A drop-down shall display. From the drop-down, click the unfriend button and the person will be removed from your Facebook friend’s list.
Note that Facebook will not notify your friend that he/she has been unfriend by you when you carry out that task.
Bear in mind also that when you unfriend someone on Facebook, the person won’t be able to send messages to your timeline, tag you or see what you’re posting on Facebook.
To block your friend on Facebook, do the following;
3. Next, locate blocking at the left-hand column of the page that displays. When you see the blocking option, select it. Enter the name of the person you want to block into the space provided and click the block button.
4. Facebook will display all the names that are similar to the one you’ve entered. Click block the one in front of the friend you want to block.
That is it on How do I Deactivate Facebook Messages? please share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!