How Do I deactivate or permanently delete my Facebook account? Let me quickly stress here that deactivating and deleting Facebook account are the means by which one can leave Facebook. The difference between the two methods is that, deactivating your Facebook account will take you off of Facebook temporarily whereas deleting it takes you off Facebook completely.
The approaches to get your account deactivated or deleted are different. We will cover the various steps on how to get the two methods done with ease.
Note that if you choose to deactivate your FB account, you can always return to Facebook and recover all your information. But be very careful if you choose to delete your Facebook account permanently because you will not be given the chance to regain your account. If you are sure about deleting your account, then you must download and backup your data from Facebook.
When you delete your Facebook account, it will take 90 days for Facebook to completely delete all photos, videos, posts, likes, comments, messages, and everything else concerning you off from Facebook. Other Facebook users including your friends won’t be able to visit your profile during the deletion process.
One important thing that is expected of you when you want to delete your Facebook account is to backup your data. Doing that will enable you to have access to your data whenever you want to. See how to backup your data on Facebook below;
How to backup your data on Facebook
To backup your Facebook data, do the following;
1. Log into your Facebook account, click on the small triangular-shaped icon and go to Settings.
2. While in the General tab. Click Download a copy of your Facebook data.
3. Click Start My Archive.
4. Enter your Facebook account password. Click Submit.
5. Click Start My Archive in the Request My Download box.
Once you’re done with the above procedure, Facebook will then gather all your data and send the copy to your registered email address.
How to deactivate your Facebook account?
Here are the steps to deactivate your Facebook account:
1. Open Facebook and navigate to Settings.
2. page that displays, click Security in the left column.
3. Finally, click Deactivate your account.
How to delete your Facebook account permanently?
One thing that most users want to know is how to delete Facebook account permanently. For this, follow the steps:
1. Log into your Facebook account.
2. Visit this link, https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
3. Click Delete My Account.
How Do I deactivate or permanently delete my Facebook account?