Okay, before we shall proceed with the series of steps on how to change names on Facebook, let me remind us that there are certain naming rules and regulations which we must follow before we could perform any changes we wish to make to our names on Facebook.
According to the Facebook Help Center, your name can’t include:
– Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation.
– Characters from multiple languages.
– Titles of any kind (example: professional, religious).
– Words or phrases in place of a name.
– Offensive or suggestive words of any kind.
Other things to keep in mind:
– The name on your profile should be the name that your friends call you in everyday life. This name should also appear on an ID or document from our ID list.
– Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they’re a variation of your authentic name (like Bob instead of Robert).
– You can also list another name on your account (example: maiden name, nickname, professional name).
– Profiles are for individual use only. You can create a Page for a business, organization or idea.
– Pretending to be anything or anyone isn’t allowed.
How do I change My Name on Facebook? Having outlined all of the above, let me now proffer an answer to the title of this post. Facebook is the most popular social networking website with over 2.2 billion active monthly users. It’s a community where people use the name they go by in everyday life. According to the Facebook support center, always knowing who you’re connecting with help keep you and the rest of the Facebook community safe from impersonation, scams, and phishing.
To change your Facebook name, do the following;
1. Log in to your Facebook account
2. Click account settings in the top right corner of any Facebook page
3. From the drop-down menu, click settings
4. On the new page that appears, click “Name”
5. Enter your name and click Review Change.
6. Enter your password and click Save Changes.
Note: If you change your name on Facebook, you can’t change it again for 60 days. Don’t add any unusual capitalization, punctuation, characters or random words.
How do I change My Username on Facebook?
To change your username on Facebook, follow this steps;
1. Follow steps 1-3 described above
2. Click username
3. Enter the name you wish to use as your username. Make sure your username includes your authentic name.
4. Finally, click save changes and you’re done.
Please share “How do I change My Name on Facebook?” with your friends on Facebook…Thank you.