Your Payment Settings in Facebook Ads Manager is where you can add new payment methods to your ad account.
However, before taking the steps shown here, keep the following things in mind:
1. First, make sure you’re an admin of the ad account you’re working on. You’ll have to be one to manage an ad account’s payment methods.
2. Check that the payment method you’re trying to add is an accepted payment option for Facebook ads.
3. If your ad account is set up for manual payments (meaning you add money to a balance on your account), you won’t be able to add a payment method in the same way that’s shown here. Also, some payment methods won’t be an available option for you to use (such as PayPal).
How to add a payment method to your Facebook ad account
To add a new payment method to your Facebook ad account, do the following;
1. Open your Facebook account
2. Click the V-like icon at the top right corner of any Facebook page and a drop-down menu will appear
3. Click Settings drop-down menu
4. Click Payment in the left column of the new page that appears
5. Click Account Settings at the top of the page
6. Next, in the Payment Method section, click Add Payment Method and you see a pop-up box like this one.
Here’s What you should do if your credit card address can’t be verified on Facebook
When you attempt to add a card to your account, Facebook matches the address you enter in their system with your credit card billing address.
If you receive a message telling you that your credit card address can’t be verified, you should confirm that the credit card postal code you’ve entered on Facebook is exactly the same as the postal code that appears on your billing statement.
If you’ve verified this information, you’ll need to contact your bank or credit card issuer to determine why they’re not accepting your credit card on Facebook.
Here’s What to do if your Facebook ad payment failed
For those of us that wish to know, most payment failures happen when your bank or payment provider experiences an issue processing your payment.
If your Facebook ad payment fails, Facebook will:
– Try to charge your primary payment method again.
– Try charging another payment method you’ve set up on your ad account.
– If all of your payment methods fail, Facebook will stop all the ads you’re running until your balance has been paid.
Bear in mind that if your Facebook ads are stopped, you won’t receive any additional charges until your balance has been paid. Once your balance has been paid, Facebook will then resume any active or scheduled ads and attempt to make up any lost time to meet the original campaign dates and budgets you’ve set.
Therefore, if the payment method you’re using to run ads on Facebook fails, you can try one of these options:
1. Contact your payment provider for help.
2. Add a new payment method to your account by going to your Payment Settings. After you add a new payment method, you can pay your balance manually. Once your balance has been paid, any active or scheduled ads will be eligible to begin running immediately.
How to Remove a Payment Method from your Account On Facebook
To remove a payment method you added on Facebook, follow step one to seven under how to add your payment and then click remove in the bottom right of the pop-up box. See screenshot below.
N/B: If you don’t see the payment method you want to remove, you can click Show More to display all of your ad account’s payment methods.
How do you Add or Remove a Payment Method from your Account On Facebook?