Just like every business organisation, Facebook Marketplace Rules and Regulations are guidelines or instructions that ensures users of the platform are doing things correctly while using the free marketing platform to buy and sell things online.
And in this post, we will attempt to relate with you facebook marketplace rules and regulates that will helps you stay safe on the platform.
Facebook Marketplace is a destination on the giant social media platform where people discover, buy, and sell items. Facebook lets sellers to list their goods or services on the Marketplace. This lets buyers to be able to reach the items listed in their own location.
People and brands may list items in the different categories as available in the Facebook marketplace and buyers can discover those items and contact them. This allows buyers to view certain categories, view all categories, or search for a particular product. If you cannot find the Facebook Market Place feature on your Facebook, you can see why here.
If you are a seller or a buyer in the Facebook marketplace, then you should get yourself acquainted with some Facebook Marketplace rules. Every item sold on Facebook Marketplace is expected to comply with Facebook rules and regulations.
Interestingly as we earlier outlined, you will learn about the Facebook marketplace rules and how to buy or sell safely in the Facebook market.
Facebook Marketplace Rules
The Facebook Marketplace rules are:
1. Non-Physical Items
Non-physical items are not allowed to be listed for sale on the Facebook Marketplace. These items include:
- “in search of” posts,
- lost and found posts
- jokes, and news
2. Sales of Certain items are not allowed.
Facebook listed out certain items that cannot be sold on the Marketplace. These items include:
- Healthcare items (thermometers, first-aid kits, etc.).
- Illegal, prescription or recreational drugs.
- Tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Adult products or services.
- Digital media and electronic devices.
- Event tickets.
- Gift Cards.
- Unsafe supplements.
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives
3. Description Must Match with Photo
Facebook doesn’t allow the sale of item or items that do not match with the description and title of the listing item on the Marketplace. For instance, a photo showing weight loss.
How to stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace
Here are some important tips that will help you stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace:
1. Protect your privacy: While using the facebook mrketplace services, it is important to always protect your privacy. Never share your financial information like PayPal login and password, bank account info, with buyers or sellers on facebook. If you are selling electronics, make sure you’ve cleared any personal information from the device.
2. Meet in a safe location: Choose a public place to meet with the person you want to buy or sell from after contacting them on facebook marketplace.
3. Verify the item in person: Verify the item you want to buy and be sure it is what you want before making payment for the item. For high-value items (example: watches, luxury bags), you can request a certificate of authenticity or proof of purchase when payment is made.
4. Use cash or person-to-person payment methods: Buyers and sellers should provide or accept cash or person-to-person payments available in Facebook Messenger or PayPal.
5. Watch out for counterfeit items: Always review any items before buying to make sure that they’re genuine.
6. Be careful of too good to be true deals: It is important to be careful of deals that seem too good to be true. Scammers may attempt to use underpriced items to lure buyers into a scam.
If you still have some other questions or suggestions? Feel free to use the comment section below, and we shall get back to you ASAP. Thanks and do well to share this article with your social media friends, using the share buttons below.