They prefer complete control over the information the site shares.
Because of this, Facebook provides simple-to-use directions for hiding your entire Friends list or just part of it.
After you locate it, select one of several options to control which of your friends, if any, can be seen
Limit visibility only to your friends, only to yourself, or to one of many other customized list options Facebook offers.
– At the Facebook website, click your name in the top menu bar or at the top of the side panel to move to your Timeline.
– Choose the “Friends” tab under your cover photo.
– Click the pencil icon in the upper-right corner of the Friends screen.
– Choose “Edit Privacy” to open a new panel.
– In the Friend List section, click the arrow just to the right of “Who can see your friends list?”
– View the settings on the drop-down menu. The options include Public, Friends, Only Me, Custom and More Options.
– Expand “More Options” to see that you can also select from Chat List, Close Friends, Family and any other lists you or Facebook set up.
– Make a selection and click “Done” to close the window.
If you prefer, you can get to the screen that shows all your friends from your Home screen rather than
If you want to hide all your friends from curious eyes, select “Only Me” in
Facebook creates some customized friends lists for you, and you may have created some yourself or
– Public: Everyone, everywhere can see the names and photos of people on your Friends list.
– Only Me: No one but you can see your friends.
– Friends: Only people who are on your Friends list can see the other individuals on the list.
– Chat List: This list contains only friends you chat with. If you’ve turned off chat for some people, they aren’t included on the Chat List.
– Close Friends: If you’ve added some friends to the Facebook Close Friends list, their names are listed here.
– Family. If you’ve identified anyone one as a relative, Facebook automatically adds their names to the Family list.
– City and state. If you entered a current city and state on your profile, you can choose to display only the friends who listed the same city.
Facebook apps for mobile devices work a little
– Use the arrow at the top-right corner of any Facebook page and select “Settings.”
– Select “Timeline and Tagging” on the left side of the screen.
– Click “Edit” next to “Who can see what others post on your Timeline?”
– Choose an audience from the drop-down menu. Select “Only Me” if you want to keep the identities of your friends private when they post on your Timeline.