– Open the ES file explorer app.
– Enter the folder and select “Data folder.”
– Find the folders that are related to your applications.
– Select the “cache” folder and locate the fb_temp folder.
– Look for the files that you want to keep and extract them from the folder.
Once you extract the files, you may want to create a backup folder on an external drive so that you can have an archive of your messages, photos, and other digital content if you ever lose your content again in the near future.
As a rule, you should keep a duplicate copy of any file that you think you might need again in the future or one that has value to you.
You never know when you could get hacked and people could delete your messages or you might do it yourself when you are in a hurry to clean up your archives online.
The Download Method-Archiving Your Facebook Data
Alternatively, you can create a Facebook data folder by downloading your entire Facebook log that houses all of your content on your Facebook account.
Follow these steps to follow this method:
– Log into your Facebook Account.
– Click on “settings.”
– Select “Download a copy of your Facebook data.”
– Click “Start my Archive.”
– You will get a popup that asks you if you want to download your archive. Hit “Request my download,” then “Start my archive.”
– The download will start which may take about 2-3 hours if you have a lot of data on Facebook. Your messages should be in the archive in the messaging folder once completed.
– Doing a Search for Quick Fixes
When you are researching how to do something such as bringing back deleted Facebook messages, you should search for the process under the year you are searching.
For example, look for “bring back deleted messages on Facebook 2018” rather than just “bring back deleted Facebook messages.”
This is because often there are some new methods that you can use that will allow you to do it faster or more efficiently due to changing technologies or new tools that you can use to accomplish this.
More Than One Way to Skin a Cat
As you can see, there is more than one way to ‘skin a cat’ as the old saying goes. You can undelete your Facebook messages using your smartphone as we described above or use the method of downloading your entire archive on Facebook to save all files.
This method is a lot like using undelete software that you have dumped from your Recycle Bin that you want to revive on your computer hard drive.
Third Method: Using Code to Retrieve Deleted Facebook Messages
There is a rumor that you can also use some sort of “code” to recover your Facebook messages.
Unless you are a professional coder who has access to the Facebook code and front-end programming system, you are not going to be able to insert a code to recover your deleted files on Facebook.
In general, it is best to go through the system that you are working with and by using the tools that are already on the platform to achieve your results.
If you have accidentally deleted files on your Facebook page or through Messenger, try one of the methods we’ve shared in this post.
If that doesn’t work, you can contact Facebook and see if they can offer other assistance or visit the Facebook forum and ask a question there.
Sometimes other users have been able to figure out how to do things that you might not figure out on your own.