Facebook payments with Facebook Pay have started rolling out on Facebook and Messenger and it is for fundraisers, in-game purchases, event tickets, person-to-person payments on Messenger and purchases from select Pages and businesses on Facebook Marketplace.
It will also take into consideration how to set up Facebook pay step by step.
Aside from payment through facebook, it is also a smart and secure means of making payments on Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp.
Interestingly the process involved in using facebook pay is very simple and easy. All you need to do is to enter your payment account information once and then use the feature, Facebook Pay across the apps.
Bear in mind that to secure your individual payments using facebook pay, a PIN or device biometrics can be added.
Facebook Pay is also a way to view payment history, manage payment information.
How To Set Up Facebook Pay
The process involved in how to set up facebook pay is very simple and easy.
To start using Facebook Pay on Facebook or Messenger do the following:
1. From Facebook.com, login your account by entering your login credential at the top right corner of the page and then click Log In
2. Go to the top right corner of any Facebook page and click on the triangular-shaped icon
3. Click Settings from the dropdown menu
4. Click Facebook Pay
5. To set up facebook pay you’ll need to add your preferred payment method that is your credit card, debit card, or PayPal. Bear in mind that these options depend on the product.
6. Lastly, complete payment set up and you’re done.
That is how to get started with facebook pay.
Once Facebook Pay is available on WhatsApp and Instagram, you’ll be able to set it up directly within each app.
Facebook Pay supports most major credit and debit cards as well as PayPal.
Payments are processed in partnership with companies like PayPal, Stripe, and others around the world.
Facebook Pay is built on existing financial infrastructure and partnerships and is separate from the Calibra wallet which will run on the Libra network.
Note here that for additional security, you will have the option to create a PIN or use your device biometrics, and you can do so when making a payment where Facebook Pay is available.
If you already have payment methods on file, those payment methods will be available to use with Facebook Pay immediately.
How To Set Up Facebook Pay On Messenger
The process of setting up facebook pay on messenger, messenger page is very simple. Follow the steps given below:
Go to Facebook Messenger > “Settings” > “Facebook Pay” and add your preferred payment method—credit card, debit card, or PayPal (options dependent on product)—and complete the payment set up.
After setting up facebook pay by following the above procedure, the subsequent facebook payments you’ll undertake on the giant social media platform, you’ll need to be using facebook pay.
Who Can Use Facebook Pay
Facebook pay is meant to be available to every Facebook user. However, at the moment the feature is only available in the United State Of America.
So for the time being, it’s only the facebook users in the US that can make use of Facebook pay.
However, Facebook will roll out the payments through facebook using facebook pay soon.
How Does Facebook Pay Work?
As earlier outlined, Facebook Pay is a smart and secure way to make payments on Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp.
You enter your payment account information once and then use Facebook Pay across the apps.
A PIN or device biometrics can be added to secure individual payments. Facebook Pay is also a way to view payment history, manage payment information, and access customer support.
At the moment Facebook Pay is only available in the US on Facebook and Messenger.
According to the facebook help center, Facebook Pay will continue to roll out to other apps and countries with the intention of bringing this service to more people over time.
In summary, with the facebook app feature facebook users will be able to:
1. Add your preferred Facebook payment method once and then use Facebook Pay where available to make payments and purchases on the facebook apps, instead of having to re-enter your payment information each time
2. Set up Facebook Pay app-by-app, or choose to set it up for use across apps (where available) — that means we won’t automatically set up Facebook Pay across the apps you are active on, unless you choose to do so
3. View payment history, manage payment methods and update your settings in one place
Get real-time customer support via live chat in the US (and in more places around the world in the future)
4. Clearly, understand which payment services are part of Facebook.
Is Facebook Pay Secure?
Interestingly, facebook pay is designed to securely store and encrypt your card and bank account numbers, perform anti-fraud monitoring on the Facebook systems to detect unauthorized activity and provide notifications for account activity.
The feature is designed in such a way that Facebook users can also add a PIN or use their device biometrics, such as touch or face ID recognition, for an extra layer of security when sending money or making a payment.
Bear in mind that Facebook does not receive or store your device’s biometric information.
What is the relationship between Facebook Pay and Facebook?
Facebook Pay is a service offered by Facebook. The service is currently rolling out in the US on Facebook and Messenger; Facebook Pay will continue to roll out to other apps and countries with the intention of bringing this service to more people over time.
Do you need to have a Facebook account to use Facebook Pay?
Facebook Pay is currently rolling out on Facebook and Messenger. In the future, when Facebook Pay is available on WhatsApp and Instagram, you will not need a Facebook account and can set-up Facebook Pay directly within each app.
Is making payments with Facebook Pay secure?
Facebook uses advanced technology to keep payment information secure. Facebook Pay is secure and protected with:
> Anti-fraud technology monitors purchases on our systems to detect unauthorized activity.
> Advanced data storage and encryption for payment card and bank account details.
> Notifications when facebook detects unusual activities on your account.
How To Add Your Credit/Debit Card On Facebook
To receive and send money on facebook, you’ll need to add your credit card on the giant social media platform.
1. Go to the top right of your Facebook page and click on the V-shaped icon
2. Click Settings from the dropdown menu
3. Go to the left column of the page and click Payments
4. Next, click Account Settings
5. Click Add Credit or Debit Card
6. Now, enter your card number, expiry date, postal code, and select your country
7. Lastly, click Save at the bottom left of the popup and your card information will be added successfully.
Bear in mind that if you have a PayPal account you can also add it. To do that, click Connect PayPal on the page and wait for your account to be linked up.
How To Add Your Credit/Debit Card On Facebook Via Mobile
To add your credit or debit card to facebook using your smartphone, do the following:
1. Tap on the facebook app icon on your device
2. Tap on the three parallel lines
3. Tap Settings & Privacy
4. Tap Settings
5. Go to account settings and tap Payments
6. Tap NEW CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD
7. Enter your card details and select your country
8. Finally, tap Save at the top right corner of the page.
To add your PayPal details on the platform, after tapping on payments, tap ADD PAYPAL and wait for your account to be linked up.
How To Use Checkout On Facebook
As you may know, some facebook pages have a shop section where you can access things for sale. To buy things on facebook or marketplace using checkout on Facebook, do the following:
1. Log into your Facebook account
2. Locate and click on the facebook page you wish to access the shop section and click Shop at the left-hand side. Bear in mind that not all Facebook Pages have Shop sections.
3. You can browse products and click Check Out on Website to buy the product on the business’s website, or message the business to arrange a purchase.
How To Buy Products On Facebook Marketplace
To buy things on the marketplace, follow this guide:
1. Go to the left column of your Facebook news feed and click on the marketplace icon
2. Locate and click on the product you want to buy
3. Next, message the seller of the item. Bear in mind that you can send a message to the seller of the item you wish to buy in two ways. You can do that by:
> Clicking Message to send a custom message to the seller.
> Clicking Send to send a message that says “Is this available?“
How To See Items You Want To Buy & Conversations With The Sellers
To access the products you want to buy on facebook marketplace, do the following:
1. Go to the left column of the facebook marketplace and click Buying
Or simply click here.
How To Buy Products On Facebook Marketplace(MOBILE)
> Tap Message to send a custom message to the seller.
> Tap Send to send a message that says “Is this available?“
Things to take into consideration while trying to buy things on facebook marketplace
While attempting to buy on facebook marketplace, here are some basic things you need to take into consideration:
1. Sellers receive many messages and may need time to reply to your message. So you need to be patient.
2. Before meeting the seller, make sure that you know the condition of the item. Both of you should also agree on the price of the item and the exact location of your meeting place.
3. When you meet the seller, look over the item and make sure it’s what you want before paying.
4. If you can’t meet the seller at the time you both agreed on, message them and try to reschedule another time.
How To Sell On Facebook Marketplace
To sell a product on facebook marketplace, you’ll need to log into your Facebook account and then do the following:
1. Click the marketplace icon at the left corner of your Facebook page
2. Locate and click +Sell Something
3. Next, click Item For Sale
4. Enter a title for your listing, the price, your location and a category for the item (example: Furniture, Baby & Kids). You can also add a description. To mark an item as Free, you can enter 0 as the price.
5. Click + 10 Photos to upload a photo of your item from your computer.
6. Click Post.
If Post is grayed out, make sure you’ve included a title, price, location, photo, and category.
Things to take into consideration for selling items on Facebook Marketplace:
1. Use a photo that clearly shows the item and its condition. If possible, include multiple, original photos of the item rather than a photo from a company website.
2. Add a detailed description of the item and its condition. Be sure to describe any stains or tears.
3. If you’re selling used clothing or shoes, make sure they’re as clean as possible.
4. If you’re selling personal hygiene items, these items should be brand-new and in the original, sealed packaging.
5. Before meeting the buyer, make sure you both agree on the price of the item and the exact location of your meeting place.
6. Have the buyer look over the item and make sure it’s what they want before you accept payment.
7. If you can’t meet the buyer at the time you both agreed on, message them and try to reschedule another time.
How To List Item For Sell On Facebook Marketplace(MOBILE)
To sell something on marketplace using your smartphone, do the following:
1. Tap on the menu icon at the top corner of the facebook app
2. Tap Marketplace. Tap See More if you can’t locate the marketplace icon
3. Locate and tap Sell at the top right corner of the page
4. Tap Items
5. Tap Add Photos to add photos from your camera roll or take a new photo.
6. Enter the info about your item, and make sure to select at least one Category.
7. Tap Next in the top right. If you don’t see Next, make sure you’ve added a title, price and category.
To mark an item as Free, you can enter 0 as the price.
8. If you like, select more places to list your item (example: buy and sell groups, your Facebook profile).
9. Tap Publish.
That is how to sell things on the facebook marketplace.