How to Find a Netgear Password: If you’ve forgotten the password to your Netgear router, then you’re locked out from making any changes.
The only way to recover a Netgear router password is to reset the device to factory default settings. You can then set a new password and recover your ability to configure the router.
Use a pen or paper clip to press the reset button on the back of the Netgear router. Keep the button pressed until the lights in the front of the router start flashing. The router will reboot after resetting itself.
Open a browser window and enter the IP address of the Netgear router to access the configuration console. The Netgear default IP address is 192.168.0.1.
Enter the default username and password, as follows: username: admin password: 1234 or password
If you are still unable to log in, the router may not have been reset. Unplug the router and hold the reset button for 20 seconds before plugging in the power cord.
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 to gain access to the router.
How To Reset Netgear Password
To change your Netgear password, do the following:
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device.
- Visit the MyNETGEAR portal.
- Select Forgot password?.
- Enter the email address that is associated with your MyNETGEAR account click Submit.
- A password reset email is sent to the address that you entered.
- Click the link in the email that you received.
- The NETGEAR Change Your Password page displays.
- Enter your new password in both fields.
- Click Submit.
That is it on Netgear Password – How Can I Locate My Password.
I hope this article was helpful.
Please share this article with your friends!!!