Setting the azimuth on your satellite dish simply means pointing the dish in the proper direction using a magnetic compass.
Communications satellites maintain a geosynchronous orbit. By matching their orbital velocity to the speed of the earth’s rotation, when observed from the earth’s surface they appear not to move.
Once you have successfully aimed your dish and tightened the setting bolts, you will not have to repeat the process.
Loosen the bolts on the dish’s mounting collar with an adjustable wrench. The mounting collar connects the dish to the mounting pole.
Stand behind the dish and rotate your compass horizontally until the needle is aligned with the north and south readings on the dial.
Rotate the satellite dish to face the direction indicated by the degrees on the compass.
Tighten the bolts on the mounting collar with a wrench when the dish is in the correct position.
It is important to note here:
> Large amounts of metal can affect compass accuracy. If possible, stand away from cars, metal walls or other objects that can diminish the accuracy of your reading.
> Satellite azimuth settings for the continental U.S. can be found on the links in Resources.
The following requirements are the things you’ll need.
> Satellite dish
> Adjustable wrench
> Azimuth setting
That is it with Satellite Dish – How Can I Configure Azimuth on Satellite Dish?
I hope this article was helpful.
- dish network satellite direction
- dish network satellite location
- dish pointer
- dish network hd satellite pointing
- azimuth and elevation calculator
- dish tv satellite position
- how to point satellite dish
- satellite dish alignment for freesat
- how to set satellite dish azimuth and elevation
- how do you set azimuth on a satellite dish
- how to set the azimuth on a satellite dish
- how to direct a satellite dish
- antenna azimuth and elevation
- what does lnb skew mean
- directv skew calculator
- dish tv alignment meter
- c band lnb skew adjustment
- azimuth and elevation angle formula
- satellite look angle calculator excel
- azimuth and elevation app
- azimuth and elevation angle in radar
Please share this guide with your friends and loved ones!!!