Tinder Account Login | How to Delete Tinder Account – Close Tinder Account: Are you a Tinder account owner and looking for a guide on how to delete it? If yes, I am fed up with Tinder and want to delete my Tinder account, this article has gotten you covered. Interestingly, during the course of this article, you will see all the steps you need to follow to easily delete tinder fast and immediately.
The process involved in deleting your Tinder account is pretty simple and easy. However, before we shall proceed to the guide on how to close your tinder account, let’s first off, take a brief look at what tinder is all about.
What is Tinder?
Tinder is a geosocial networking and online dating application that allows users to anonymously swipe to like or dislike other profiles based on their photos, a small bio, and common interests. Once two users have “matched,” they can exchange messages.
Tinder launched in 2012 within startup incubator Hatch Labs as a joint venture between IAC and mobile app development firm Xtreme Labs. By 2014, Tinder was registering about one billion “swipes” per day. Tinder originally required access to a Facebook account to use the app, but it began allowing users to register with just a telephone number in August 2019. It is accessible through a mobile app or a web browser for computers. Tinder operates on a freemium business model.
Tinder was founded within startup incubator Hatch Labs by Arun Gopan, Sean Rad, Jonathan Badeen, Justin Mateen, Joe Munoz, Dinesh Moorjani and Whitney Wolfe Herd, the latter of whom left Tinder to create Bumble in 2014. Other sources restrict the list of founders to Mateen, Rad, and Badeen, though this has been disputed.
Sean Rad and Justin Mateen had known each other from the age of 14. Both come from Jewish-Iranian families in the Los Angeles area, and both attended the University of Southern California and became online entrepreneurs at the same time. Rad has said the impetus for Tinder’s creation was his observation that “no matter who you are, you feel more comfortable approaching somebody if you know they want you to approach them.” He believed a “double opt-in” system could be created to potentially alleviate the stress of meeting new people. Rad has also said Tinder filled a gap in the availability of social platforms for meeting strangers, rather than connecting with people a user already knows.
Tinder was seeded at numerous college campuses and quickly expanded to additional campuses. The app won TechCrunch’s Crunchie Award for “Best New Startup of 2013.”
In March 2013, Tinder’s social media director Alexa Mateen, who spearheaded Tinder’s college campus expansion, said the app offered a “chance to meet people you wouldn’t normally meet”.
By May 2013, Tinder was one of the top 25 social networking apps online, based on frequency of use and number of users. Initially, instead of utilizing Tinder’s current swiping motion for making matches, users had to click either a green heart or a red X to select or move on from a displayed photo. Tinder became the first new online dating service to claim a spot as one of the web’s top five utilized services in about 10 years.
Sean Rad has served as Tinder’s CEO on two occasions. He was the company’s initial CEO until March 2015, when he was replaced by former eBay and Microsoft executive Chris Payne. Payne left the company, and Rad simultaneously returned as CEO, in August 2015. Rad stepped down as CEO again in December 2016, becoming Tinder’s chairman and ceding the CEO position to former Tinder chairman Greg Blatt.
This article is all about how to delete your tinder account. Continue reading below:
If you have signed up for a tinder accoun, you can follow the below guide to see how to login your account on tinder.
- First off, you will need to launch your browser and enter www.tinder.com
- Next, go to the top right corner of the tinder homepage and click on the login button
- Enter your email address
- Enter your password
- Lastly click on the login button to continue to your tinder profile page
Those are the steps you need to follow to login your tinder account. I believe the steps were simple enough for you to undertake.
Having outlined that, let’s now continue with the steps you need to follow to easily delete your tinder account right away.
Requirements for Deleting Tinder Account
Before you can delete your tinder account, you will need the following documents:
- Your username
- Your email address that is linked to the account
- Your login password
- Your address
- Your phone number and others
How To Delete Tinder
The process involved in deleting tinder account is not a rocket science. In fact every account owner on the tinder platform can easily close their account. All you need to do is to follow the below guide:
How To Delete Tinder On Smartphone
If you are using your smartphone to access the tinder dating platform, you can follow the below guide to delete your account on tinder app.
1. First off, you will need to launch your mobile phone and tap on the tinder app
2. Login your tinder profile by entering your login details in the spaces provided
3. Next, tap on the login button and you will be taken to your profile page
4. Now, you will need to locate and tap on the settings button
5. Navigate down the page and then you should see Delete Account button. Tap on the option
6. Tap DELETE to proceed with the deletion of your Tinder account.
7. Select reason for deleting Tinder from the given options to get it done.
Those are the steps you need to follow to delete your tinder account using your smartphone.
How To Delete Tinder Account On Website
Here are the steps you need to follow to delete your tinder account via the tinder official website,
- First off, go to the tinder website via tinder.com
- Next, click on the login button at the top right corner of the tinder homepage
- Click on any of the login options and login your tinder account
- Next, click My Profile on the top left corner to access your account settings.
- Navigate down the page and click Delete Account
- Click DELETE ACCOUNT to proceed with the deletion of your Tinder account.
- You may also be asked to choose a reason for deleting Tinder.
Those are the steps you need to follow to delete tinder account using your personal computer.
I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share it with your friends and loved ones!!!