Audible – How To Delete Audible Account – Close Audible Account | Audible Login: Are you looking for a guide on how to delete Audible account but don’t know how to go about it? If your answer is yes or something related to that, here is a comprehensive and straight to the point guide on how to close Audible account without stress.
Interestingly, during the course of this article, we will expose you to the different methods you will need to follow to easily delete Audible account fast and easily.
Well, before we shall proceed to the steps for deleting your Audible account, let’s quickly take a brief look at what Audible is all about.
What Is Audible?
According to Wikipedia, Audible is a seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information, and educational programming on the Internet. Audible sells digital audiobooks, radio and TV programs, and audio versions of magazines and newspapers. Through its production arm, Audible Studios, Audible has also become the world’s largest producer of downloadable audiobooks. Audible’s content is usually only accessible through special proprietary closed software, including unauthorized-playback prevention by means of an Amazon account. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which saw people in several countries confined to their homes, Audible made many children’s and classic titles free to access via its website, with no sign-in required.
On January 31, 2008, Amazon.com announced it would buy Audible for about $300 million. The deal closed in March 2008 and Audible became a subsidiary of Amazon. The company is based in Newark, New Jersey, and is expanding its presence in the city with the creation of a new technology center, called the Innovation Cathedral, located in a former church. Audible is the United States’ largest audio book producer and retailer
In January 1995, Audible introduced the first production-volume digital audio player almost six years before the introduction of the iPod. It only supported playback of digital audio in Audible’s proprietary, low-bitrate .aa format that could be downloaded from Audible.com. The first player had about 4MB of memory, which is about two hours of .aa format audio. Audible holds a number of patents in this device area.
On October 24, 1999, Audible suffered a setback when its CEO at the time, Andrew J. Huffman, died of an apparent heart attack. Development proceeded, however, leading to Audible licensing the ACELP codec for its level 3 quality downloads in 2000.
Audible scored a coup in 2003 when it made an exclusive deal with Apple to provide their catalog of books on the iTunes Music Store. Books purchased on iTunes would have a .m4b extension (a variation on MP4) and would contain AAC audio covered by Apple’s FairPlay Digital Rights Management.
Audible’s success began to increase interest in the profile of Audible’s founder, Don Katz. Consequently, he had his profile highlighted by AudioFile magazine in early 2003, was called upon to give a recorded talk on IT Conversations in May 2005 about the early history of Audible, and was tapped to deliver the keynote address at the Podcast Expo in November 2005.
Audible launched Audible Air in 2005, software that made it possible to download (copy-controlled) audio books over the air – wirelessly and directly to devices such as smartphones or PDAs. This eliminated the need for the intermediate step of downloading copy-controlled audio books first to a computer in order to then transfer them to Palm OS, Windows Mobile, and Symbian Mobile devices. Audible Air content would update automatically, downloading chapters as required that would then delete themselves after they had been listened to. Interest in Audible and its founder would continue to attract attention as Don Katz was featured in the March 2006 issue of “Business 2.0”.
This article is all about how to delete Audible account. If you need more history, visit Wikipedia. So if you wish to close audible account, this article has gotten you covered. Continue reading.
If you have an account on Audible website, you can follow the below guide to login your account.
- First off, you will need to visit www.Audible.ca in your browser
- Next, click on the sign in button at the top right corner of the Audible homepage
- On the page that appears, enter your email address
- Enter your password
- Lastly, click on the login button and you will be taken to your Audible profile
Those are the steps you will need to follow to easily login to your Audible account. Having outlined that, let’s proceed to the guide on how to delete Audible account.
Requirements For Deleting Audible Account
Note that you will need to the following documents before you can delete your audible account.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Billing Address
- ZIP/Postal Code
- Reason for Cancellation
- Last 4 Digits of Card
- Date of Last Charge
- Amount of Last Charge
How To Delete Audible Account
If you have an account on audible and want to delete it, this article will guide you. Here, we will take you through the different steps you will need to follow to easily close or cancel audible account.
Method 1: How To Delete Audible Account On Website
How to delete Audible account via the Audible official website is pretty simple and easy. Here are the steps you will need to follow:
- Visit www.Audible.ca in your browser
- Click on the login button at the top right corner of the Audible homepage
- Next, enter your Audible email address and password
- Lastly, click on the login button to continue to your Audible profile
- Now, you will need to hover your cursor over your profile name and then click on Account Details.
- The above guide will initiate a dropdown, click Cancel My Membership under the Account Settings section
- Navigate down the account settings page and choose the Reason. Click Continue.
- Click Continue Canceling at end of next page and the next.
- Lastly, click Finish Canceling.
- You will receive a message confirming that the process is complete.
That is it how to cancel your audible account via the official website. I hope it was simple enough for you to undertake.
Method 2: How To Delete Audible Account
Aside from the above guide, you can also choose to contact the audible customer service to delete your account. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to audible support center via this link https://www.audible.com/contactus
- Next, select my account under the How can we help you? section
- Now, you will need to select Pause Membership under the reason section
- Choose how to contact the audible team. You can choose via chat, phone or via email. Just select the option that you deem fit
- Login your account if you are required to do so
- Tell the representative that you want to delete your account
- Supply all the required documents and your account will be deleted.
Note that monthly Audible membership plans can be placed on hold once every 12 months for a duration of up to three months. During this time you will not be billed your monthly membership fee. To place your account on hold, you will need to contact Customer Care.
You will still have access to all of your benefits while on hold such as:
• Access to any unused credits
• Advanced notice of sales and promotions
It is also important to note here that customers on an annual membership cannot put their account on hold.
That is it on how to delete your audible account via the support center. Kindly share Audible – How To Delete Audible Account – Close Audible Account | Audible Login with your friends and loved ones!!!