Basecamp – How To Delete Basecamp Account – Close Basecamp Account | Basecamp Login: Are you looking for a guide on how to delete Basecamp account but don’t know how to go about it? If your is yes or something related to that, here is a comprehensive and straight to the point guide on how to close Basecamp account without stress.
Interestingly, during the course of this article, we will expose you to the different methods you will need to follow to easily delete Basecamp account fast and easily.
Well, before we shall proceed to the steps for deleting your Basecamp account, let’s quickly take a brief look at what Basecamp is all about.
What Is Basecamp?
According to Wikipedia, Basecamp is an American web software company based in Chicago, Illinois. The firm was co‑founded in 1999 by Jason Fried, Carlos Segura, and Ernest Kim as a web design company.
Since mid‑2004, the company’s focus has shifted from web design to web application development. Its first commercial application was Basecamp, followed by Backpack, Campfire, and Highrise. The open source web application framework Ruby on Rails was initially created for internal use at 37signals, before being publicly released in 2004.
In February 2014, the company adopted a new strategy, focusing entirely on its flagship product, the software package also named Basecamp, and renaming the company from 37signals to Basecamp. Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson have published several books under the 37signals name.
The company (37signals) was originally named after the 37 radio telescope signals identified by astronomer Paul Horowitz as potential messages from extraterrestrial intelligence. Work on the company’s first product, the project management application Basecamp, began in 2003.
By 2005, the company had moved away from consulting work to focus exclusively on its web applications. The Ruby on Rails web application framework was extracted from the work on Basecamp and released as open source. In 2006, the company announced that Jeff Bezos had acquired a minority stake via his personal investment company, Bezos Expeditions. 37signals changed its name to Basecamp and chose to focus solely on that product in 2014. As of August 2018, the Highrise product also stopped accepting new signups.
In September 2019, Basecamp gained some notoriety for purchasing Google Ads in the name of their own company because other organizations bought the keyword “Basecamp”, causing four competitors to appear above Basecamp’s own website in search results. Jason Fried called out Google’s search result policy a “shakedown”. A Google spokesperson responded that competitors are not allowed to use trademarked name in their keywords if the owner of the trademark files a complaint with Google. Since the story broke, Google has stopped competitors from using the Basecamp trademark.
This article is all about how to delete your Basecamp account. So if you wish to close Basecamp account, this article has gotten you covered. Continue reading.
If you have an account on Basecamp website, you can follow the below guide to login your account.
- First off, you will need to visit www.Basecamp.com in your browser
- Next, click on the sign in button at the top right corner of the Basecamp homepage
- On the page that appears, enter your email address
- Click on the Next button to continue
- Enter your Login password
- Lastly, click on the login button and you will be taken to your Basecamp profile
Those are the steps you will need to follow to easily login to your Basecamp account. Having outlined that, let’s proceed to the guide on how to delete Basecamp account.
How To Delete Basecamp Account
If you have an account on Basecamp and want to delete it, this article will guide you. Here, we will take you through the different steps you will need to follow to easily close or cancel Basecamp account.
Documents For Deleting Basecamp Account
Note that you will need to the following documents before you can delete your Basecamp account.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Billing Address
- ZIP/Postal Code
- Reason for Cancellation
- Last 4 Digits of Card
- Date of Last Charge
- Amount of Last Charge
Method 1: How To Delete Basecamp Account On Website
How to delete basecamp account via the basecamp official website is pretty simple and easy. Here are the steps you will need to follow:
- Visit www.basecamp.com in your browser
- Click on the sign in button at the top right corner of the basecamp homepage
- Next, enter your basecamp email address and click on the Next button
- Enter your password and click on the sign in button to continue to your account
- Now, you will need to click on the adminland at the top right corner of the main home-screen.
6. Navigate to the bottom of the screen and click on Remove this account.
7. Lastly, you will need to confirm the deletion action by clicking on the Cancel my account.
That is it on how to delete your basecamp account via the official website. Let’s continue to out next method.
Method 2: How To Delete basecamp Account By Email
Aside from the above guide, you can also choose to contact the basecamp customer service to delete your account. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to basecamp support center
- Next, select the option you want by using the small triangular-shaped icon
- Enter your email address
- On the subject section, enter a request to delete my account
- Type your messages in the space provided
- Lastly, click on the submit button and you are done
That is it on how to delete your basecamp account via the support center. Let’s continue to out next method.
If you don’t see the above feature on your account, you can follow the below guide to email the Basecamp support team directly. Here is how to get that done:
- Go to your email service provided and login your email
- Next, enter email@example.com at the send to section
- Now, you will need to enter “Request to delete my account” at the subject section
- Type your message by supplying your account details
- Lastly, click on the send button and wait for the basecamp team to reply your mail and provide you with the next steps you need to follow to delete your account.
That is how to contact basecamp team and request them to delete your account.
Method 3: How To Cancel basecamp Account On Mobile
How To Cancel on the iOS app:
- Tap ‘adminland‘ on the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap ‘remove this account‘.
- Tap ‘Cancel my account‘.
- Confirm your cancellation request.
How To Cancel on the Android app:
- Tap on the adminland on the upper right hand corner of the basecamp
- Tap ‘remove this account‘.
- Tap ‘Cancel my account‘.
- Tap ‘Cancel my account‘ again to confirm the action
That is how to delete your basecamp account fast and easily. I hope this article was easy enough for you to undertake.
Please share Basecamp – How To Delete Basecamp Account – Close Basecamp Account | Basecamp Login with your friends and loved ones!!!