Forgot Facebook Password – How to Recover Forgot Facebook Account – Facebook is not just a social platform; and it is a whole world in itself. It can keep you busy for a long, especially when you have not logged into your Facebook account for a while.
It can also happen that you have forgotten your Facebook password or don’t remember the email address. But nothing to worry about as you are not the only one to do so.
Now and then, millions of users keep losing access to their Facebook accounts for any reason. So if you are one of them, go through the article provided below to get comprehensive information about the recovery process.
how to recover my facebook account through friends, i want my old facebook account back, how to recover hacked facebook account, how to recover facebook account without phone number, how can i recover my old facebook account, how to recover facebook password without confirmation reset code, facebook account recovery without email, how do i get back to my facebook account
Before diving deep into the Facebook recovery process, you must know why you need it in the first place. There can be different scenarios, such as:
- Your Facebook account has got hacked, and the password has was changed.
- You have forgotten your account password.
- You no longer remember the username or email address linked to your Facebook account.
To recover your Facebook password, you have several options available; it only depends on the situation you are in if you can recover or reset your Facebook password. Sometimes it takes only a while to get the account back if you have access to the recovery information. However, the situation is so tricky that Facebook doesn’t let you recover your account; instead, it disables it forever.
Recover Facebook Account Password using Email Address
- First of all, go to the official Facebook webpage.
- Click on the option ‘Forgotten account?’ given below the password field.
- On the next page, you will have to enter your email address or phone number so that Facebook will search your account. Enter the email address that you have used to create the account and click on ‘Search.’
- You will receive a verification code on your email address that you have entered in the previous step. Login to your email account to get the code.
- Enter the code received in the given space and press ‘Continue.’
- After entering the correct code, you will have to enter a new password for your Facebook account. Enter a unique and robust password and press ‘Continue.’
Facebook Account Password Recovery Using the Phone Number
Another option to recover your Facebook account is by resetting the password using the linked phone number. For this method, you need to follow the same process up to step number 3 mentioned previously. After that, continue with the steps listed below:
- If you have a phone number linked to your account, you will see the following screen to select the second option.
- You will receive a code via SMS on the phone number linked to your Facebook account. Enter the code correctly and then set a new password for your account.
Facebook Password Recovery without Phone Number or Email Address
It can be tricky when you don’t have access to the email address and phone number associated with your Facebook account. Why? Because Facebook wants you to prove that you are the real owner of your account, and the recovery information is the only way to prove that.
Click ‘No longer have access to these?’ if you don’t have access to any of the recovery methods,
After clicking on the link, Facebook may disappoint you by displaying this message:
But no need to get disheartened as some ways are using which you can regain access even without an email or phone number as explained below.
Recover Facebook using Google Account
When you make an unsuccessful Facebook login attempt, you get the option to ‘Recover your account’ below the password field. Click on that option and follow the given steps:
- Enter the email address you used to create an FB account and click on ‘Search.’
- Facebook will look for the account that matches the information you have entered; click on ‘This is my account.’
- From the options, choose ‘Use my Google Account’ and click on ‘Continue.’
- 4. A pop-up will appear where you have to click on your Gmail account.
5. Enter your Gmail password if you have not to log in to it.
6. Enter the new Facebook password and press ‘Continue’ to save the changes and reset the password.
Are You Still Logged Into FB?
It is fundamental, and most of the time, you can quickly get back to your account if you can log into any of your devices. Unlucky you if you have logged out of your Facebook account from all the devices. If you can still access your FB account anywhere, you can change the password.
- Use Your Friend’s Profile
It is again if you can access your friends’ or family’s FB profile or if they can help you.
To use this option,
- You have to log into your friend’s or family’s Facebook account and then go to your profile page. From there, click on the three dots just below your cover picture and then click on the option ‘Find support or Report profile.’
- In the next menu, select the option that suits your problem, such as ‘I can’t access my account.’
- On the next screen, you can select ‘Recover this account,’ Doing that will log you out of your friend’s account, to begin with, the recovery process.
- No Longer Have Access to These?
There can be another scenario when you have changed your contact information, and you don’t have access to the older ones. In that case, Facebook will ask you to enter the email address or phone number where they can reach you to inform you about account recovery.
- Use Trusted Accounts to recover your account.
If you have reached here, it means none of the above methods was of help to you. You can also take the use of your trusted contacts to reset your Facebook password. But you must select 3 to 5 friends as your ‘Trusted Contacts’ that you can call for help if you ever get locked out of your account.
Here are the simple steps that you can follow to regain access to your account:
- Visit the Facebook account login page and under the ‘Password’ box, click on ‘Forgot Account.’
- Now on the password reset page where you see the recovery options, click on ‘No longer have access to these.’
- On the next page, Facebook will ask you to enter an email address or phone number that you have access to and press ‘Continue.’
- Next, click on ‘Reveal my Trusted Contacts’ and enter the name of the contacts you have provided earlier.
- Your friend will receive the link; ask him to follow the link and send the code received to you.
- You can use the same code to get access to your Facebook account.
Note- The ‘Trusted Contact’ method would only work when you have added some of your friends to the trusted contacts list before losing access to your account. All these methods will help reclaim access to your account if you have forgotten your Facebook password. After you have recovered your account, it is advisable to secure it properly to not get into the same situation again.
Improving the Security of your Facebook Account
Your job doesn’t end just after recovering your Facebook account; you also need to tighten up the security. Facebook lets you log out of active sessions on other devices or stay logged in after resetting your password. If you think your account is safe, you can choose the ‘Stay Logged in’ option.
However, if you feel your account is still at risk and can be compromised anytime, select the ‘Log Out of Other Devices’ option. All your current sessions on your tablet, PC, phone, etc., will be signed out, and next time you will sign in on any such device, you have to enter the new password.
Once done with that, you will have to perform specific steps to secure your account further. Facebook will show you all the recent changes to your account’s information such as name, profile picture, installed apps, and so on.
This way, you can secure your Facebook account, and some of the other security measures include using trusted devices, two-factor authentication, trusted contacts, and more.