How to archive messages and view them on Facebook Messenger: You can see your archived messages directly on Facebook Messenger with just a few clicks or taps.
If you’re a Facebook user, then you probably use the Facebook messenger app. More than 20 billion messages are sent a month, and more than 1.3 billion users worldwide use the service, so that’s an incredible amount of messages!
If one of your conversations is over but you don’t want to delete it altogether, you can archive it so you can return to it at a later date.
But how do you view messages in the archive once it’s been created? Here’s what you need to know to perform both processes.
How to archive Facebook Messenger conversations.
You have to be signed into the desktop Messenger application when communicating with someone.
1. Log on to a device with your Facebook account.
2. Go to www.facebook.com/messages/t/ to open your Messenger program on your desktop.
3. Find the conversation on the left-hand side of the screen that you want to archive among the names of people you’ve shared.
4.Tap the gear-shaped icon that appears when you hover over it next to a name.
5. From the drop-down menu, pick ‘Archive‘ to archive the conversation.
View older messages on Facebook Messenger on your desktop.
1. Go to Facebook.com and log into your account.
2. On the menu bar running along the top of your screen, look for the Messenger icon which appears as a little squiggle inside a speech bubble. Click on it and at the bottom of the pop-up window, click again on “See All in Messenger.“
3. Once you’re in the Chats screen, click the settings icon (the little gear next to the large “Messenger” label) to reveal another dropdown menu.
4. From the dropdown menu, click “Archived Threads.” You will then be taken to your archived conversations, which you can read as you like.
How to view saved messages in Facebook Messenger on a mobile device
1. On your phone, open the Messenger app.
2. To view archived conversations from within the Messenger app, you’ll need to use the search bar at the top of the app’s screen to type the name of the person the conversation was with.
3. Tap on the name of the contact whose archived conversation you would like to view and Messenger will automatically bring up all messages you’ve ever exchanged with that person, including the archived ones.
Everyone else who has received this message can just delete it by sending another message to the recipient in this conversation thread. All of this will be moved back to your main inbox once you click OK. We now have a web interface similar to a mobile apps machine.
You can even search for particular keywords within an archived conversation on Facebook.com (not via the Messenger app) by utilizing the “Search in Conversations” options listed on the right-hand side of the opened conversation. Use this trick when replying to an email in your main inbox type message.
Thanks for stopping by and please, do let us know if this article was helpful to you.