In today’s post, I’m going to show you exactly how to find Facebook marketplace app that you can use to advance the course of your eCommerce business online.
Thus, if you are among the over 3.3 billion active monthly facebook users and searching for a concise as well as a well-tailored article that teaches every step for accessing the marketplace on Facebook app, this article has gotten you covered. All you need to do is to follow the article step by step and you will end getting all you will ever need.
Let’s kick things off with how to create a Facebook account that lets you have access to the marketplace feature on the giant social media platform.
NOTE: Facebook marketplace app is not a standalone app. The feature is buried in the heart of the Facebook platform. Thus, to be able to access it and start using it for e-commerce, you will need a Facebook account that is functional. That is why it is pertinent we figure out how to sign up for a Facebook account before we shall proceed to how to find the Facebook marketplace app fast and immediately.
Signing Up Facebook Account For Marketplace App
Facebook is a free online platform that lets people all over the world sign up for an account free of charge. The platform offers a lot of interesting features for free and small business owners have been using features like Facebook buy and sell groups, Facebook marketplace, Facebook business pages, and lots of others to advance the course of their business.
If you are a small business owner and want to use Facebook to promote your business for free, follow the below guide to sign up for an account on the platform:
- Turn on your device and visit facebook.com. If you are a mobile user, hover to play store or app store and download Facebook app.
- Next, go to the Facebook account sign up section and enter your first and last name, email id or mobile phone number, gender, and date of birth‘
- Click on the signup button to continue
- Enter your password and re-enter it to confirm it
- Click on the submit button
- Go to your email or phone inbox and copy the confirmation code that was sent to you by Facebook
- Enter the code in the space provided and click on the submit button
Congratulations, your profile is now live on Facebook. You can then continue on Facebook to add friends as well as set up your profile information.
Facebook Account Login
Everyone that signs up for an account on Facebook always login their profiles before we can be able to use the platform for anything they want. That is why during the account sign up process, you are requested to choose a password and also provide your email address or cellphone number. So if you have an account on Facebook and want to login, follow the below guide:
- Visit facebook.com in your browser or open your mobile phone and tap to open the Facebook app. Bear in mind that you must have access to an internet source before you can start browsing the Facebook platform.
- Next, enter your email address or phone number
- Enter your password
- Lastly, tap on the login button and you will be taken to your profile page on Facebook.
That is how to login account on Facebook fast and easily.
Having outlined all of that, it is time to get started with everything your need to know about Facebook marketplace.
What Is Facebook Marketplace?
Well, let me say here that the Facebook Marketplace is a convenient destination for people to discover, buy and sell items online without having to pay a fee.
Yes, there are no hidden charges to start using Facebook marketplace to buy or sell things online.
Interestingly, people can find what they are looking for by filtering their results by location, category, and price. The Facebook marketplace is designed in such a way that by listing an item for sale on the platform, you can reach buyers where they already are.
What that simply means is that Facebook carries out the advertisement for you. All you need to do on your own end is to just list on the marketplace and go to sleep. Once a buyer sees your item, he/she will contact you via messenger.
However, it is important you understand the Facebook marketplace rules to avoiding getting banned from using the platform to market your goods. Hence, our next subtitle, Facebook marketplace rules, and regulations.
Facebook Marketplace Rules
Facebook marketplace is a well organise platform. It has categories and other features that make it easy for users to easily access whatever they want. In the same way, the marketplace on Facebook also has rules and regulations that govern the activities of users. Below are the rules for using Facebook marketplace to avoid getting banned.
1. These items can’t be sold on Facebook marketplace:
- Adult products or services.
- Digital media and electronic devices.
- Event tickets.
- Gift Cards.
- Healthcare items (thermometers, first-aid kits, etc.).
- Illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs.
- Tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Unsafe supplements.
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
Yes, Facebook users that have access to the marketplace feature are prohibited from listing the above items for sale on the online marketing platform.
2. Sellers On Facebook Marketplace Must Sell Physical Item
You can sell the below-listed stuff on Facebook marketplace. All the is expected of you are physical items and you must abide by that rule.
- “in search of” posts.
- lost and found posts.
It is important to note here that services such as housekeeping and event tickets are only available on the marketplace by coordinating with one of Facebook’s partners.
3. Descriptions Of Your Item Must Match With What You have to Offer
While describing your item, do ensure that it matches with the photos you have. Doing anything other than that might result in your access getting banned.
Facebook Marketplace Users Are Not Allowed to Put Before-and-after pictures are prohibited
Yes, on Facebook marketplace, both before and after photos are not allowed on the platform.
Facebook Marketplace Categories
On facebook marketplace, users and brands may list items in the following categories:
- Clothing & Accessories.
- Home & Garden.
Interestingly, buyers can view certain categories, view every category, or search for a particular product.
How to Find Facebook Marketplace
How to access facebook marketplace eitehr on facebook app or facebook web is pretty simple and easy. Here are the steps you need to follow to get that done:
- Open your facebook app
- Taop on the three-lined icon at the top right corner of the facebook appp page if you are using android devices ad at the bottom of the facebook app if you are using iOS devices
- Scroll down the page and tap marketplace. Note that you may need to tap on the see more option to display more menus and then tap on the marketplace option
That is how to access marketplace app on facebook using your mobile phone. Irf you are using desktop or personal computer, you can follow the below guide to figure out how to access marketplace on facebook.
- Visit facebook.com on your browser
- Next, login your account by providing your login details and clicking on the login button
- Go to the left column of your newsfeed and you should see the marketplace button. Again, you will need to click on the see more button to display more option should you didn’t see the marketplace button
- Click on the marketplace and you will be taken to the marketplace platform
That is how to find facebook marketplace on web. I believe those guide were simple to undertake.
Selling On Facebook Marketplace – Facebook App And Web
Facebook account owners that can utilize the Facebook marketplace app services can sell their items on this feature. This service is totally free to use as long as the user is eligible to make use of the service.
Once this is in place, Facebook account owners can sell their items on the Facebook app with the following steps.
- First off, you will need to connect your device to an active internet connection or source.
- Tap to open the Facebook app on your gadget.
- Enter your login details and tap on the login button to continue to your Facebook profile.
- Next, tap on the menu button and locate and then tap on the Facebook Marketplace icon.
- Tap on the Sell something button.
- Click on an item for sale.
- Enter a title for the item you want to sell.
- Input the price you want to sell the item.
- Enter the location you want to sell your item on.
- Select the category the item belongs to.
- Click on photos to upload a picture of the item you want to sell.
- Tap the post button.
Those are the process for listing things for sale on facebook marketplace.
video source: youtube
That is it on How to Find the Facebook Marketplace App 2021 – How to Search Facebook Marketplace.
I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share it with your friends and loved ones!!!