In today’s post, we are going to be considering everything you need to know about How To Use Document Templates In Microsoft Word. Yes, this article will expose you to all the steps on How You Can Begin A New Document with The Use of a Template.
Continue reading below and please don’t hesitate to share it with your friends and loved ones!!!
A template is a way to create Word 2013 documents which makes use of the same formatting and styles without the need you having to re-create all the work and effort. And again, using the template saves a lot of time.
In order to make use of a template, you will select one when you are starting up a new document. You will choose a particular template instead of making use of the blank, new document option.
As the template opens, it will contain all the styles and formatting you required. In most cases, it will contain headers, text, footers, or some other common information that will not change for similar documents.
Here are things you need to know:
- You can be able to create documents by making use of your own templates or even templates that were supplied with Word or made available online.
- All the document in Word is dependent on a template. In the cases where you don’t specify a template, like when you are starting up a new, blank document, Word will make use of the Normal document template.
- Word always makes use of three filename extensions for its document templates such as; DOT which was the template filename extension for older versions of Word. But for Word 2013, the DOTX and DOTM are used. DOTX usually refers to a template that does not employ macros while the DOTM indicates a template that makes use of macros.
How Can I Begin A New Document with The Use of a Template
Word normally comes with a lot of templates that are already created, and also any templates that you can work up by yourself. Follow the steps listed below to how to start a new document using template:
- The first step to take is to tap on the File tab.
- The File screen will display.
- Then tap on “New” from the left side of your screen.
You see the Featured part of the New screen as it displays. It will list out Word’s already created templates, and also some online templates. You can then select any of the templates; if you see any that suits you.
- If you want to use your own templates, tap on the Personal heading.
The screen will display only the templates that you created yourself.
- Then tap on a template to begin a new document using the template’s formatting and any predefined text or graphics.
- A new document window will display on your screen, set for editing.
This new document will contain the styles and formats and maybe some text that is placed ready for you to edit or make use of.
After you have done that, your template will be inserted in your document and you can then complete your work.
That is it on Microsoft Word Templates – How Can I Use Document Templates In Microsoft Word. I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share!!!