Samsung Galaxy S20 5G
The total ranking is based on our editors’ evaluation.
Design 8 / 10
Display 9 / 10
Camera 9 / 10
Features 8 / 10
Connectivity 9 / 10
Usability 9 / 10
Performance 9 / 10
Battery 8 / 10
In February 2020, Samsung will unveil the Galaxy S20 5G. Bixby natural language commands and dictation, as well as Samsung DeX, are included on the smartphone (desktop experience support).
The phone is 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9 mm in size and weighs 163 grams. The screen is a 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X capacitive touchscreen with Dynamic AMOLED 2X technology.
While the screen is covered by Corning Gorilla Glass 6, it also has features like HDR10+, Always-on display, and 120Hz refresh rate (up to FHD resolution). There is no 3.5 mm jack on the device.
The gadget is dust/water resistant to IP68 standards (up to 1.5m for 30 minutes) and supports Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified).
The smartphone’s back camera consists of a 12 MP (wide) + 64 MP (telephoto) 3x hybrid optical zoom + 12 MP (ultrawide) AF Super Steady video + 12 MP (ultrawide) AF Super Steady video.
On the front, a 10 MP camera for selfies is available, with capabilities such as Dual video call and Auto-HDR.
The Exynos 990 – Global Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 – USA CPU powers the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G.
Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery + Fast battery charging 25W + USB Power Delivery 3.0 + Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W + Power bank/Reverse wireless charging 9W Power bank/Reverse wireless charging
Samsung Galaxy S20 5G – SPECIFICATIONS
ModelSamsung Galaxy S20 5G
- Design Type: The size, shape, and appearance of a mobile phone, as well as the arrangement and placement of essential components, are referred to as form factor. In mobile phones, there are three major form factors: bar phones, folding phones, and sliding phones.
Dimensions151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9 mm
- Display Type And Display Technology: TFT (Thin Film Transistor), IPS (In-Place Switching), OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode), AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode), Super AMOLED (an even more advanced version of AMOLED), Resistive Touchscreen (Resistive touchscreens contain two layers of conductive material with a very small gap between them that acts as a resistor) are some of the display technologies and types (Capacitive touchscreen technology consists of a layer of glass coated with a transparent conductor)
Resolution1440 x 3200 pixels
- Display Colors: The number of various shades of color that the screen can display => 64K colors, 256K colors, and 16 million colors. Obviously, 16M is the maximum accessible range of colors and is superior than the others.
- Pixel Density: is the pixel density on a given display, measured in pixels per inch (ppi). Pixel density is determined by dividing a display’s diagonal pixel resolution by its diagonal dimension; the higher the pixel density, the better the display quality.
PPI = 563 (pixels per inch)
Touch ScreenCapacitive touchscreen
- Display Protection: It is usually best to go for a smartphone with Gorilla Glass for that added protection and peace of mind. Gorilla Glass is a particular alkali-aluminosilicate glass layer with outstanding damage resistance that helps protect mobile displays from scratches, drops, and bumps of everyday use.
Corning Gorilla Glass 6 is a tough, scratch-resistant glass made by Corning
120Hz (up to FHD resolution)
CPU The main chipset of the device.Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M5 & 2×2.60 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55) – Global / Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585) – USA
- GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is a single-chip processor that manipulates and alters memory quickly to speed up the production of images in a frame buffer for output to a display. This includes lighting effects, object transformations, and 3D motion.
Adreno 650 – USA / Mali-G77 MP11 – Global
- RAM (Memory) (Random Access Memory) is a sort of computer memory that allows information to be stored and accessed fast from random locations. Any byte of memory can be accessed without touching the bytes before it. The most prevalent type of memory in computers, smartphones, tablets, and other electronic devices is RAM.
- Internal Storage is a data storage space (flash memory) that is commonly found in smartphones, tablets, and other electronic devices, and is used to store the operating system, apps, music, images, videos, files, and other user data.
128 GB of storage
- Memory Card Slot is a memory card slot that can be used to insert a memory card. You can use memory cards to expand the phone’s built-in memory. A memory card (also known as a flash memory card or a storage card) is a compact storage medium for storing data such as text, photos, audio, and video on small, portable, or remote computing devices such as mobile phones, mp3 players, and digital cameras.
microSDXC (MicroSDXC) (uses shared SIM slot)
- Sensors: are electronic components that detect and respond to information from the physical world in some way. Light, heat, motion, moisture, pressure, and location are examples of specific inputs. A location sensor, such as a GPS receiver, may determine the present location of your electronic device, and the output is usually a signal that is converted for use in computing systems.
Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and barometer (under display, ultrasonic).
Bixby dictation and natural language instructions
Samsung DeX (Samsung DeX) is (desktop experience support)
- Rear Camera: The most important characteristics of a camera are the resolution (measured in megapixels), lens focus type (fixed or automatic), and the resolution (measured in megapixels). Higher megapixel cameras are known to capture higher quality photos, but this is not always a good measurement of the photos quality.
AF, Super Steady video + 12 MP, (ultrawide), AF, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS + 64 MP, (telephoto), PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom + 12 MP, (ultrawide), AF, PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
Video4320p@24fps, 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR10+, dual-video rec., stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS & OIS
- Flash Light: In most camera mobile phones, there are two types of flash lights: LED Flash (LED flash uses less energy and takes up less space than other light sources; LEDs may be strobed quicker than any other light source), Xenon Flash (xenon flash produces an extremely intense full-spectrum white light for a very short duration)
Panorama, panorama, panorama, panorama, panorama, panorama, panorama, panorama, panorama, panorama, panorama, panoramic, panorama
Front Camera10 MP (wide)
Capacity: Battery Capacity Fast battery charging (25W) + USB Power Delivery 3.0 + Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging (15W) + Power bank/Reverse wireless charging (9W) Li-Po 4000 mAh battery Plus