This article is focused on how to get the most out of a Walmart clearance sale. Whenever a new clearance sale is announced, people line up at the doors for hours and wait for the first item to fly off the shelves. The frenzy then begins as people race to grab their favorite items before they’re gone.
See: Target deals 101
That can be a big mistake if you don’t know what you’re doing. Here are some insider tricks that will help you get the most out of your trip to Walmart.
What Are Clearance Sales?
Clearance sales are items that retailers no longer want to sell. They’re usually marked down more than 50% off the original price and appear on a store shelf for only a short time. Clearance sales are great opportunities to stock up on quality merchandise at an unbeatable price.
How To Weather A Clearance Sale
Going to a clearance sale isn’t always easy. It takes a lot of planning, especially if you’re limited on time. Here are some tips for making the most of your time:
- Arrive early; it will help you get the items that you want before they sell out.
- Shop in small batches so you don’t buy too much at once and suffer from buyer’s remorse later.
- Pack the items that you’re going to need for an upcoming event or your weekend activities into a carry bag so you have them ready when it comes time to leave.
- If there’s anything that’s not selling, just buy it and put it back on the shelf; there will be more sales in the future.
- Bring someone with you who can keep track of what’s left and help with buying decisions; they’ll also be able to watch your stash while you’re shopping and make sure everything makes it home safely.
How to Get the Best Deals
1. Take your own shopping cart – Walmart is notorious for having cumbersome checkout lines, so it’s best to leave at least a few items behind and just pull your shopping cart into the parking lot when you’re done.
2. Be strategic with what you buy – If you know that certain items are going to be on sale within a week or two, wait to buy them then.
3. Buy online – Walmart usually has online discounts offered in conjunction with the big clearance sales, so if you have some time to kill before heading out, go ahead and order online instead of standing in line at the store.
4. Buy multiple items and use your mobile app – Walmart’s mobile app will let you scan barcodes at checkout for discounts on multiple items, so buying more than one item can get you some serious savings
How to Stock Up on Your Favorite Items
Stocking up on your favorite items at a clearance sale is a great idea. But the process can be confusing and time-consuming. So, here are some helpful tips to help you accomplish the task.
For starters, you should know that clearance items are often put in either of these two categories:
Overstock – These items were originally put out on the shelves but no longer sell well because they’re either too old or damaged and not worth the price.
Outlet – These items were originally put out on the shelves, but Walmart decided to discontinue them at a later date and send them to an outlet store for customers who want to buy them in bulk.
Both types of items are in clear plastic bags with a tag with the item number, name, and size printed on them. Make sure you take note of this information before leaving the store.
How to Protect Yourself When Buying on Clearance.
It can be easy to get swept up in the rush, but you need to remember that there are risks involved with clearance items.
You should always watch for signs of damage or wear and tear. Check the price tags and compare them to original tags at other retailers before buying anything.
If your item is damaged or has a price tag that doesn’t match, don’t worry. You can return it to Walmart for a full refund up until the day before your purchase.
The best way to protect yourself on a clearance sale is to buy only what you plan on wearing and using immediately. Buying extra items might not seem like a big deal, but if they’re damaged or don’t even fit, you’re going to be stuck with them, which could create a financial burden on you later on down the line.
Identify what you need
Every clearance sale has a different assortment of items. You want to be sure you’re getting what you need before committing to anything.
First, think about the main things you need for your home or office. Maybe you need a new mattress or some new furniture. Think about your needs and create a list of items that will meet those needs.
Next, think about the time frame for the sale and what exactly you will be using the items for. For example, if you’re looking to buy desk chairs asap before they get out of stock, make sure they’re something that would work best in your office space.
Finally, think about how much room there is in your budget so that you don’t overspend on an item that won’t work for your needs. Remember: Your budget is important!
Ensure your items are in stock
The first big mistake people make when shopping at Walmart is not checking the items that they’re purchasing to determine if they are in stock. If you have your eye on a specific item but it’s sold out, do your research to see if there is a similar item still in stock. You can also use apps like Shopular or PriceCheck App to see if the item is still available.
If they are, buy them while they last!
Make a list before you go
It’s easy to get caught up in the moment and forget to prioritize your list. Keeping a list of everything you want on hand will help you avoid buying things you don’t need. Just make sure each item is something that can be purchased without having to buy anything else.
Another way to keep yourself in check is to include some items that are not a priority, but still important, such as toilet paper and toothpaste. That way, if there are no toothbrushes or paper towels in stock, you’ll have an extra item on hand that might come in handy later.
If you’re going to be driving around shopping for hours, it’s also helpful to have some snacks with you. This way, you won’t have to stop at the next gas station when your car starts running low on fuel. If this plan seems like too much work, try planning out your route so you know where all the best deals are located near each other.
How to get the most for your money at a clearance sale
When the big Walmart clearance sale happens, people are always wondering how to get the most for their money. Here are some ways to save a ton of money at these sales:
- Go early
- If you’re not sure what you want, start browsing
- Shop during the week when items aren’t as expensive
- Remember that clearance items never stay on sale forever
- Buy in bulk and use coupons to make your purchase worth more than it would be if you bought it one item at a time
The Basics of Walmart Clearance Sales
Clearance sales are a great opportunity to score big-ticket items at rock-bottom prices. If you’re new to the game, it can be overwhelming trying to figure out where to start. Here are some things you should consider before you shop the clearance aisle:
1) The Last Time It Was On Sale
If your item is already on sale, then don’t buy it yet—wait until the next clearance sale! This way, you’re sure that you won’t miss out on the price drop.
2) Take Advantage of Early-bird Deals
Some stores offer early-bird deals for their clearance sales. These deals typically come in two forms: an entrance fee that guarantees first dibs at the discounted items and a time period for which the deal is valid. It’s worth checking retailers’ websites because these offers often have a limit as well!