In this guide, we will walk you through the steps of how to delete your Namecheap account. Keep in mind that the process takes approximately 10-days from start to finish. However, it is worth noting that deleting your account also means that you will need to transfer your domains and hosting services to a new provider.
If you’ve decided on deleting your Namecheap account and transferring all of your domains and hosting services at once, click here to find out how. If not, read on for the steps of how to delete your Namecheap account.
What is Namecheap?
Namecheap is a web hosting service that makes it easy to manage your websites and make them accessible through the Internet. The company was founded in 1999, and has grown into a leading provider of web hosting services.
When you sign up for Namecheap, you are given a dedicated email address with which to communicate with the company and other customers. You can also create virtual private networks (VPN) so that your data can be accessed securely when you’re abroad or on mobile devices.
Key features that Namecheap offers include:
- Domain management: Manage your domains like an expert via the control panel, then transfer them from one server to another in bulk at no extra cost.
- Dedicated user accounts for each customer: Give your customers unique account names that allow them to access their sites anywhere in the world. Just log into your control panel from any web browser and choose a new user name for each site you run. This helps avoid mix-ups between users who use different names for different online accounts and keeps all connections secure by making sure that only one account is being used at any time.
- Unlimited bandwidth: With unlimited bandwidth, you’ll never have to worry about running out of bandwidth on your servers while
How to Delete Your Namecheap Account
While the process of deleting your Namecheap account is relatively easy, it is worth noting that you will need to transfer all of your domains and hosting services at once.
To delete your Namecheap account, you will need to go to: https://account.namecheap.com/
Make sure you enter your login details in this page when prompted. You will then be asked to confirm that you wish to delete your Namecheap account. Finally, click Delete Account and then Done.
Once you’ve deleted your Namecheap account, you should be good to go and have no further issues with the transfer of your domains and hosting services from Namecheap to other providers.
1. Log into your Namecheap account
2. Click on the “Domains” tab at the top of the page
3. Then click “Transfer Domains” button
4. You’ll be prompted to create a new domain name, and choose your hosting provider
5. After you’ve made your choice, click “Continue” and continue to transfer your domains
6. Transferring Hosting Service
1. Log into your Namecheap account
2. Click on the “Hosting Services” tab at the top of the page
3. Then click “Transfer Hosting Services” button
4. You’ll be asked to setup a new hosting plan, select which hosting company you’d like to use, and continue to transfer all of your domains and hosting services
Transferring Hosting Services
We’re going to transfer all your hosting services from Namecheap at once. This is a straightforward process that takes approximately 10-days from start to finish. However, note that it is worth noting that this time frame depends heavily on the size of your domain name and any additional domains you have available for transfer.
If you want to transfer all of your domains at once, click here to find out how. If not, read on for the steps of how to delete your Namecheap account!
Deactivating Your Namecheap Account
If there is a reason you want to delete your Namecheap account, follow the steps below.
Go to https://www.namecheap.com/signup-new/. If you have an existing account, log into it and verify that it is not active by entering your password and clicking the “Verify account” button. Once you’ve verified your account, click on “Login.”
If you have a new account, click on “Create a new account.” Enter your email address and password to gain access. Your email address will be used as the username throughout this process. You may also choose from one of the many pre-made names or use a custom name for yourself.
Click on “Sign up for Namecheap.”
Choose whether or not you want to keep all of your domains associated with Namecheap (if so, don’t worry about that right now). As long as you choose to keep all of them associated with Namecheap when they are transferred over, they will remain associated with your new Account as well.
After filling out all of the information required to create an Account with us, click the “Next” button at the bottom of the page (which will take you back to
Preparing to Delete Your Namecheap Account
First, you will need to make sure that your Namecheap account is not showing any activity. You can do this by visiting https://www.namecheap.com/login.php and clicking on the “Your Account” link at the top of the page as shown in the screenshot below:
To delete your Namecheap account, click on “Delete Account” under the “My Account” section of your Namecheap account.
Once you complete this step, your Namecheap account will be deleted and you will no longer receive e-mails or notifications from us.
What happens after you’ve deleted your Namecheap account?
Delete your Namecheap account. This step will take approximately 10-days from start to finish. If you’ve decided on deleting your Namecheap account and transferring all of your domains and hosting services at once, click here to find out how. If not, read on for the steps of how to delete your Namecheap account.
1a: Find the entry in My Account that says Delete Your Account . Click this entry; you should see a list of all of the accounts that you’ve created. Each of these accounts has a unique URL, so if you have more than one account it may take a few minutes to find it on the list. Select any or all accounts that you wish to delete (but don’t delete anything yet), and then click “Delete”.
1b: Go back into My Site and click Delete to confirm that you want to completely delete your site from the Internet (this is called de-indexing). This will take about 5-10 minutes. You’ll notice there are several screens waiting for approval before you can hit “Delete” again — these are used by Namecheap Inc., so they may take up some time as well (though it’s rare).
How to reactivate Namecheap account
If you’ve already decided to delete your Namecheap account, read the steps below to reactivate it:
1. Login to the Namecheap website and click on “Manage My Account” link at the top of the page.
2. At the bottom of the page, click on “Manage Your Account” link underneath Account Settings icon.
3. Now you can see an option to sign in with a new email address or password (you may need to register before you can proceed).
4. Enter your email address and password and click on Sign In button…
5. Log in with your new email/password as well as any additional information required by Namecheap (such as API key) if prompted.
How to remove debit card from namecheap account
To delete an account, follow the below steps:
1. Go to your account page and log in with your email address and password.
2. Click the “Delete” button at the top left of your account page
3. Enter your Namecheap username and password
4. Select the “Delete Account” option from the drop down menu that appears
5. Click on “Yes, Delete This Account Now”
6. Wait for confirmation before clicking “Submit”.
7. Email deactivate@namecheap by sending a message to [email protected]
8. Wait for email verification
9. Be patient as this might take 15-30 minutes
10. You will be notified by email after complete deactivation
How to withdraw funds from namecheap account
You can withdraw fund from Namecheap account by clicking “My Account” link on the top left of your screen. Then follow the instructions on the page.
How to get a refund from namecheap
If you’ve decided to delete your Namecheap account and transfer all of your domains and hosting services at once, click here to find out how. If not, read on for the steps of how to get a refund from namecheap.
Namecheap is a registrar that offers domain registration services. To use the service, you need to sign up for an account with them. Once you do so, they will send you an email confirming that you have successfully signed up with them.
After signing up with their service, it is important to make sure that your Namecheap account has expired. This occurs when the amount of time that passes since your last payment date (or date since the last day of your checkout) exceeds 30 days. Make sure that you are paying more than $5/domain/month and doing so within the past 90 days.
You can change this in your Namecheap account by clicking “Edit Account Info” inside your Email and then go to the “Your Domain(s) And Hosting” section under Account Settings. You can also go do this directly through their website here: http://www.namecheap.com/#!myaccount/edit
How to login Namecheap account
To delete your Namecheap account, follow these steps.
1. Login to https://www.namecheap.com/login and click on the “Delete Account” button at the top-right corner of the page.
2. Enter your name (your full name) in the left-hand field and then enter an email address in the right-hand field if you wish to confirm your login information with Namecheap before deleting your account permanently. Click “Delete Account“, which will take approximately 10 days to send a confirmation email to you with a link to confirm your deletion of your account.
How to logout namecheap account
In order to logout of your Namecheap account, go to the URL on your computer or mobile device.
You will see a “Forgot password?” page. Enter your username and password and you will be logged out of your account.
How to sign up namecheap account
Sign up for a Namecheap account. You can sign up by clicking the Sign Up Now button at the top of this page or by visiting http://www.namecheap.com/signup