How do I hide my Facebook Marketplace listings from my friends? is what we will be covering in the course of this article. Thus, if you are here because you are in dire need of the processes involved in access facebook marketplace on your facebook account, this article has gotten you covered. Keep reading below and please don’t hesitate to share it with your friends and loved ones!!!
How To Hide Your Facebook Marketplace listings from your friends is pretty simple and easy. However, before we shall proceed with the steps in getting that done, let’s first off, consider how to create a facebook account.
This is particularly important since facebook marketplace is located within the facebook platform and without an account, one can’t access it the dating homepage. Thus, if you are among the numerous persons who are yet to sign up for a facebook account, here are the steps you need to follow to easily get that done:
- Open your mobile device and get it connected to an internet source
- Next, go to google play store or apple apps store and search for facebook
- Tap on the install button
- Download the app on your device
- Tap create or sign up account button
- Enter your first and last name
- Enter either your email address or phone number
- Select your gender and enter your date of birth
- Enter your password
- Tap create account
- Go to your email address or SMS and get your facebook account verified
Afterward, set up your facebook profile by entering your information and uploading your cover and profile picture.
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily create facebook account.
Having done that, let’s proceed with the business of the day, How do I hide my Facebook Marketplace listings from my friends?
What is Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace is a new feature that allows people to buy and sell items directly through the platform. This means that any account holder can create a mini store and list items for sale. There are no fees to use this feature, and it’s a great way for people to make a bit of extra cash.
Facebook Marketplace works in a similar way to Craigslist. However, unlike Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace is a much more attractive proposition. It has a huge user base and is extremely easy to use. If you’re someone who likes to sell items online and make a bit of extra money while you’re at it, Facebook Marketplace is a great option.
You can also use Facebook Marketplace to buy items like furniture, appliances, and other household items. It’s definitely worth spending some time on Facebook Marketplace to see what items are available in your area. You never know what you might find!
How To List An Item For Sale On Facebook Marketplace
Here are the steps you need to follow to easily list an item for sale on facebook marketplace:
- Facebook Login your profile account
- Next, go to your facebook Feed and click Marketplace in the left menu.
- Once taken to the facebook marketplace homepage, locate and click Create new listing
- Afterward, click Item for sale.
- Now you will need to click Add photos to upload a photo of your item from your computer.
- Once you are done with the above steps, you will need to enter the info about your item. Interestingly, to mark an item as Free on facebook marketplace, you can enter 0 as the price.
- Next, locate and click Next. In the event where the Next button is grayed out, make sure you have entered the information that is required.
- Lastly, locate and click Publish to post your Marketplace listing.
How To Edit Your Listing On Facebook Marketplace
Here are the steps you need to follow to edit the information on the items you have listed for sale on facebook marketplace:
- First off, you will need to facebook login
- Next, click marketplace from your facebook Feed
- Once you are taken to the facebook marketplace homepage, locate and click Selling in the left menu.
- Afterward, click Your listings.
- Now, locate and click more on the listing you want to edit.
- To continue, click Edit listing.
- Finally, edit your item’s details and then click Update.
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily edit your listings on facebook marketplace.
It is important to bear in mind that as a facebook marketplace user, you don’t need to edit your listing to show the number of items you have left in a multi-quantity listing. If there are 10 items or less left of a multi-quantity listing on Facebook marketplace, the listing will automatically show the buyer how many items are left.
If your Facebook marketplace listing only contains one item for sale, users will see “Only 1 for sale” on your listing.
How do I hide my Facebook Marketplace listings from my friends?
Interestingly, if you are among the numerous facebook marketplace users and do not want your Facebook friends to see your listings on Facebook or Messenger, you can decide to hide your listings when you create a new listing or change an existing listing.
We have outlined how to edit listings on facebook marketplace above. Check it out again.
Here are the steps you need to follow to hide your facebook marketplace listings from your friends:
How To Hide New Facebook Marketplace listings from Your Friends
To hide a new listing on facebook marketplace, do the following:
- Login your facebook account
- Go to your facebook Feed and click Marketplace in the left menu.
- Next, locate and click Create new listing
- Now, click Item for sale.
- Afterward, enter the info about your item.
- Lastly, locate and click next to Hide from friends to hide your listing from friends.
How To Hide Existing Facebook Marketplace listings from Your Friends
To hide an existing listing on Facebook marketplace here are the steps you need to take:
- Login your facebook account and then locate on your Feed and you will see marketplace in the left menu. Click Marketplace
- Afterward, locate on the facebook marketplace and you will see Selling. Click Selling
- Now, click Your Listings in the left menu.
- To continue, locate and click more next to the listing you want to hide.
- Next, click Edit Listing.
- Finally, click next to Hide from friends to hide your listing from friends.
Having outlined that, here are some things you need to know about hiding your listings from your friends on facebook marketplace:
- You can only hide listings for items on Facebook marketplace. You cannot hide listings for apartments, homes or vehicles right now on facebook marketplace.
- Creating a listing on Facebook Marketplace will not automatically post on your timeline or notify your friends. Nevertheless, they may see your Facebook marketplace listings in other places on Facebook, like when they go to Marketplace to browse or search for products on the platform.
Who can see my hidden listings on Facebook Marketplace?
Wondering who can see your hidden listings on facebook marketplace? Here are somethings you need to know about hidden facebook marketplace hidden listings:
First off, it is important to point out here that as a facebook marketplace user, in the event where you decide to hide a listing, it will be hidden from your friends on Facebook and Messenger in most cases, however, will still be visible to other people on Facebook and Messenger.
From the above statements, one can say that your listing(s) on facebook marketplace that is hidden from your friends since it is still public, can still be seen by:
- People who are not logged into Facebook or Messenger.
- Your Facebook former friends (example: people that you’ve unfriended or have unfriended you).
- Your facebook friends of your Facebook friends.
On the other hand, your friends on Facebook or Messenger may also still see your listings(s) on facebook marketplace in the event where any of the following happens:
Someone shares the link to a listing that does not have Hide from friends turned on, then you turn on Hide from friends after the listing is shared. In this case your Facebook friends may still be able to see a preview of your listing in Messenger.
You share a listing that does not have Hide from friends turned on to Stories, then turn on Hide from friends after sharing the listing to your story. In this case your Facebook friends may still be able to see a preview of the listing until your story expires (up to 24 hours).
Listings On Facebook Groups
Facebook users cannot hide listings that they create in Facebook groups. As a facebook user, you also cannot list any hidden listings in these groups. If you list something in a group, then turn on Hide from friends on that listing, it will be removed from the group.
Facebook Marketplace Renewed Listings
If you renew a listing on facebook marketplace, the Hide from friends settings from your original listing will apply. You can change this setting at any time in facebook marketplace.
Facebook Marketplace Relisting Items
If you relist an item on Facebook marketplace (for instance: after an item has sold), the Hide from friends setting will be turned off automatically. You can change this setting at any time on facebook marketplace.
Bear in mind here that if you share the link to a Facebook marketplace listing with Hide from friends turned on in a post or comment, your Facebook friends will not be able to see the listing.
That notwithstanding, they will still be able to see the rest of your post or comment, such as any other text you post with the link to your Facebook marketplace listing.
Can you hide Facebook Marketplace listings from friends?
Yes. Just follow the steps we have outlined in the preceding section of this article to get that done.
How do I make my Marketplace listing private on Facebook?
Here are the steps you need to follow on how to make your facebook marketplace private
- Log in as an administrator,
- Open your Admin Panel,
- Go to “General> Privacy”,
- in the “Private marketplace” section, check the “Make marketplace private (users must log in to browse listings and user profiles)” box,
- Save settings.
How do I get Marketplace off my news feed?
As a facebook user, there is no option that allows you to remove or delete facebook marketplace from your newsfeed. If you are not a fan of Facebook marketplace, just forget about clicking on the feature button.
How do I remove Marketplace listing from news feed?
To remove facebook marketplace listing from your newsfeed, here are the things you need to do:
- In the bottom right of Facebook, tap menu.
- Scroll down and tap Marketplace. If you don’t see Marketplace, tap See more.
- Tap then tap Settings.
- Tap Manage notifications.
- Tap on the notification category (example: updates, saved searches, tips for sellers) you’d like to turn on or off.
- Tap above the notification you’d like to turn on or off.
For facebook web users, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Click menu in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & privacy
- Next, click Settings.
- Click Notifications in the left menu.
- Click Marketplace.
- Click On or Off next to a notification type.