Aliexpress is the third most popular ecommerce site in the world with almost 20 billion annual product views. It’s not just that — it’s also home to over 250 million active users across the globe, and it’s growing every day.
If you’ve been trying to find a way to enter this massive market as a seller without going through Alibaba, now is the time. Aliexpress sellers from all over the world have seen their sales numbers skyrocket because of one simple reason: people love cheap products delivered directly to their doorsteps at lightning-fast speed.
Fortunately, if you’re reading this post, you don’t need any insider knowledge or secret tricks to get on board with Aliexpress marketing. It’s fairly simple, but there are some things you should know before diving in as a seller.
If you’ve been in the e-commerce game for any length of time, you know how challenging it can be to stand out from the competition. It’s no wonder that so many brands are looking to China for help.
Armed with a growing middle class and a thirst for products not readily available in their domestic market, Chinese shoppers have become some of the world’s biggest online consumers.
With more than 5 million sellers and almost 500 million registered users, Aliexpress is one of the largest e-commerce marketplaces in China – and also one of the most competitive.
In fact, 90% of all new sellers fail within the first year. If you want your brand to succeed on Aliexpress, you need to understand how local consumers think about and purchase products.
Aliexpress is the leading e-commerce platform in China and the fifth most visited e-commerce website globally. It has over 420 million monthly active users and over 50 million registered businesses. In other words, Aliexpress is a gold mine for brands looking to expand their reach to Chinese consumers.
Aliexpress isn’t like other platforms such as Amazon and eBay, so you can’t run an Aliexpress marketing campaign in exactly the same way. If you want your brand to succeed on Aliexpress, you need to think carefully about your strategy.
To help you get started, we have outlined some essential tips that will help you optimize your marketing campaign for maximum success on Aliexpress so that you can begin selling almost immediately.
What is Aliexpress and How Does it Work?
Aliexpress is an online marketplace where merchants can sell products directly to consumers. It is a business-to-customer (B2C) platform where buyers can purchase a wide range of products, including clothing, beauty products, health supplements, electronic accessories, kids toys, home and garden supplies, and just about anything else you can think of.
The website is owned and operated by Alibaba, a multinational e-commerce company based in China. Alibaba also owns Taobao, a C2C e-commerce platform that is the most visited e-commerce website in China.
Aliexpress is one of the most popular e-commerce websites in the world, currently ranked fifth behind Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and Walmart. With over 420 million monthly active users, it is estimated that approximately 35% of all online sales in China are generated through Aliexpress.
How to Optimize Your Aliexpress Marketing Campaign
Building and optimizing your Aliexpress marketing campaign is a crucial part of your success on the platform. Whether you are a new or existing brand looking to expand into new markets, Aliexpress could be the perfect new sales channel for your business.
To maximize your chances of success, you will need to put in the time and effort to optimize your campaign. Here are our top tips for optimizing your Aliexpress marketing campaign:
- Choose your product category wisely – When deciding where to sell on Aliexpress, you will need to choose which product category (or subcategory) you want to list your item in.
- Select a category that is closely related to your product but that has low competition. If the category you want to list your product in has lots of competition, it will be more challenging to rank well in the SERPs.
- Choose a category that has a high volume of sales. This will help you drive traffic to your product page as it will be shown as a featured product.
- Select a category that has a low inventory level. This will ensure your product gets added to the store first. If the inventory level is too high, your product may not get added to the store, even if you are the first seller.
- Choose a category with an appropriate sales price. Price your product too low and you will run the risk of not making a profit, while pricing it too high will mean you will lose out on potential sales.
- Select a category that has a low return rate. Make sure you understand the return policy for each category before deciding which one to list your product in.
- Use the right keywords – When optimizing your Aliexpress marketing campaign, it is important to select the right keywords, as these will drive traffic to your product page. If you use the wrong keywords, you will struggle to gain any visibility on the site.
- Use long-tail keywords that are specific to your product, as these will have a higher click-through rate (CTR) than general keywords.
- Make sure your keywords are relevant to the product category you choose. If you select a product category that is closely related to the product you want to sell on Aliexpress, the keywords will be automatically selected for you.
- Include your keywords in your product title and product description. Your product title and product description are two of the most important elements of your product page and are what users will see first when viewing your page.
- Include your keywords in your product name. The name of your product is also important, so make sure it includes your keywords.
- Include your keywords in your store name. Your store name is what your customers will see when they are on the search results page. It is also what other sellers will see when deciding whether or not to sell on the same page as you.
- Include your keywords in your store description. Make your store description compelling and full of relevant keywords so that customers click through to your product page.
- Find out what your customers are searching for – If you already have a brand selling on Aliexpress, you can find out what your customers are searching for by logging into your Aliexpress account and selecting the “Keywords” section. This will show you the keywords that people have been searching for when they have clicked through to your product page.
- If you don’t currently have a brand on Aliexpress, you can still find out what your potential customers are searching for by doing some research online. You can use tools such as Google Trends to find out what people are searching for in your industry.
Choose the Right Images
When optimizing your Aliexpress marketing campaign, it is important to select the right images for your product page. Customers will make their decision to purchase your product based on these images, so you need to make sure they are high-quality. If your images are grainy or low-quality, your potential customers may end up choosing a different product. – Select images that are relevant to your product.
Make sure that your product images show what your product looks like from all angles and that they feature your branding.
- Choose images that are visually appealing. Make sure the images are well-lit and that they have enough contrast so that they are easily viewable.
- Make sure your product images meet the image requirements for each product category. Each product category has different image requirements, so make sure you check these before uploading your images.
It’s All About the Title and Description
Your product title and product description will be two of the most important parts of your product page. These are what your customers will see first when viewing your product page, so it is important to make sure they are compelling and include your keywords. These are also what other sellers will see when deciding whether or not to sell on the same page as you.
- Select a product title that is relevant to your product. Make sure that it includes your keywords and is compelling enough to make customers want to click through to your product page.
- Make sure your product title includes your brand name. If you are selling a private-label product, your product title should include your brand name.
- Make sure your product description is compelling enough to make customers want to click through to your product page. Ideally, your product description should be between 150 and 200 words long.
Decide on your Shipping Strategy
When you first start selling on Aliexpress, you will be given the option to select your preferred shipping method. This is your shipping strategy and will be used as soon as a customer purchases your product.
Make sure you understand the different shipping options available so that you can select the best option for your business.
- Make sure you understand the different shipping options available. These are air shipping, sea shipping, mixed shipping, and logistics agents.
- Select the shipping option that will get your products to your customers as quickly as possible. While it is important to choose the best shipping option so that you can maximize your profit, it is also important to remain competitive so that you don’t lose potential sales.
What you need to know about Aliexpress marketing
- Make sure you use the right keywords – Make sure you understand the different product categories and select the most relevant one for your product. Make sure your product title and product description include your keywords so that you drive traffic to your product page.
- Make sure you use effective titles and descriptions – Make sure your product title and product description is compelling enough to make customers want
Use a paid advertising platform like Adwords
Advertising is a tried and tested way of increasing your brand’s visibility and driving more sales. We recommend that you start by setting up paid advertising campaigns on platforms such as Google Adwords.
You can create highly targeted ads based on keywords that your audience is searching for. You can then track the results of these campaigns and optimize them as you go. One of the biggest advantages of paid advertising is that you can choose your target audience based on their location, demographics, and interests.
You can also create highly targeted ads based on keywords that your audience is searching for. You can set up your ads to target specific audiences and locations such as those in China and increase the volume of sales generated by your Aliexpress store by driving more traffic to your website.
Write Effective Product Descriptions
You can’t just list the product name and a few details such as the size and color of the product and expect people to buy. You need to write detailed product descriptions that also offer a good user experience.
In many cases, you will also be required to include product description in Chinese as well as English so that more people can understand your product. You can also make use of the SEO keywords when writing your descriptions to help drive more traffic to your website.
Provide clear product information
One of the biggest issues with customers on Aliexpress is that they don’t understand the product information. They may not even know the size of the clothing or whether it’s suitable for children or adults.
To help make your brand stand out from the competition, you need to provide clear product information so that customers understand exactly what they are purchasing. This will help you reduce the number of returns and also boost your ratings and reviews.
If you are selling clothing items, you should also include washing instructions so that your customers can use your clothing items for longer. This will help to boost the volume of sales generated by your Aliexpress store.
Stay up-to-date with current trends
There are a number of online trend prediction websites such as Pinterest where brands, retailers, and trend forecasters share their predictions for the coming year. You can also make use of websites such as Instagram to see what types of products are trending among your target audience and what types of products they are sharing.
Make sure that your brand is up-to-date with the latest trends so that it stays relevant to your customers.
Create a custom store brand image
You can use various tools such as Canva to create a custom store brand image to promote your products. You can use these images for your paid advertisements, product listings, and website. Having a strong brand image will help your customers recognize your brand and drive an increased number of sales.
Having a strong brand image will help your customers recognize your brand and drive an increased number of sales. Make sure that your store brand image is consistent across all your marketing materials and that it reflects your company values and mission.
Develop your own logistics capabilities
One of the biggest issues that customers have with purchasing items on Aliexpress is that they don’t trust the shipping and fulfillment providers. They worry that their items won’t arrive or that they will be delivered in an unsatisfactory condition. This is where you need to establish your own logistics capabilities so that you can control the entire shipping and delivery process from A to Z.
You can start by using a drop shipping model to keep your costs low when you first begin to grow your business. This will help you get your store up and running as quickly as possible while keeping your overhead costs as low as possible.
Select your shipping and fulfillment partners carefully
You need to make sure that your shipping and fulfillment partners are reputable and trustworthy. If a customer orders a product from you and it doesn’t arrive or arrives in an unsatisfactory condition, it will reflect very poorly on your brand.
If you use a drop shipping model, make sure that you select a partner that has a good reputation and that can provide the level of service that you would expect.
Choose the most effective ad type for your campaign
There are a number of different ad types you can use to promote your brand to potential customers on Aliexpress. Search Network – If you decide to run a search network campaign, you will pay for each click that your ad receives.
This type of campaign is less expensive than a click network campaign, but you will need to be able to forecast the maximum amount of money that you are willing to spend each month on advertising.
- Search Network – If you decide to run a search network campaign, you will pay for each click that your ad receives. This type of campaign is less expensive than a click network campaign, but you will need to be able to forecast the maximum amount of money that you are willing to spend each month on advertising.
- Search Network with Display – This type of ad is a hybrid of search and display. Your ad will appear in both the search and display network. This type of campaign is a good option if you are just starting out and are not sure how much you want to spend on advertising.
Create a Brand Profile
Brands that are already established on the platform can create a brand profile. This will allow you to reach a wider audience and increase the number of sales that you generate from your Aliexpress store.
You can create a brand profile for free and make sure that you include all of the essential information that you will need to run a successful campaign.
Aliexpress is a fantastic opportunity for brands looking to expand their reach to Chinese consumers. However, you can’t run an Aliexpress marketing campaign in exactly the same way as you would on other platforms such as Amazon and eBay.
If you want your brand to succeed on Aliexpress, you need to think carefully about your strategy. Having read this article, you should now understand that there are some key factors you need to keep in mind if you want to optimize your marketing campaign for maximum success on Aliexpress.
Remember, the key to success lies in being flexible, following best practices, and making sure that you are prepared to adapt as needed.