Facebook’s latest app innovation is centered on helping users find love. Yes, you read that correctly: Facebook has launched a dating app. While it might sound like an unusual move for the company behind one of the world’s largest social networking platforms, trust us when we say this new venture makes perfect sense. It was only a matter of time before Facebook pivoted to dating services, given their continued popularity and rapid adoption among online users.
Dating apps are some of the most downloaded mobile apps, especially among millennials and older adults who have more disposable income for dating than previous generations did at their age. If you’re one of the millions who have already tried out Facebook Dating, great! Here are some tips on how you can get the most out of your experience with it…
Based on the latest stats from Statista, there are 1.94 billion Facebook users as of January 2019. That’s almost a fifth of the world’s population! Given that many of these users access the site daily, this provides an excellent opportunity for you to meet new people and find love in a digital environment rather than at an awkward bar or party.
To help you get started with your online dating profile and advice on how to use Facebook dating to get dates without even leaving your house, we’ve put together this useful guide!
What is Facebook Dating?
Before we dig into the details of how to use Facebook dating to get dates, it’s important to understand what Facebook dating is and how it works. Facebook Dating is a new feature on the social media platform. Simply put, it allows users to create a dating profile from within the Facebook app.
Your dating profile is linked to your Facebook profile, so everyone can see who you are and what you do in your everyday life (as long as you have your “public” profile settings activated). This means that you can use the same network to find dates and meet new people as you use for keeping in touch with old friends and family, posting stories, and sharing pictures.
One of the best things about Facebook dating is that it’s free to create a dating profile and connect with other singles. You can sign up and create your dating profile right now, even if you don’t have plans to leave the house at any point in the near future!
How to create your Facebook dating profile
As we’ve already mentioned, Facebook dating is free and easy to set up. To get started, you’ll first need to log in to Facebook. Once you’ve done that, you can visit the Facebook Dating website by clicking here.
Once you’re on the Dating website, you can choose to start a new dating profile or sign in to an existing one. If you choose to start a new one, you’ll be prompted to enter some basic information about yourself, including your name, age, and relationship status. Facebook dating is open to all ages, so if you’re under 18, you’ll need a parent or legal guardian to fill out your dating profile for you.
Facebook Dating will also prompt you to select the kind of relationship you’re looking for. If you’re not sure what to choose, don’t worry – the options are open-ended, so you can select anything that’s relevant to your dating goals.
From there, Facebook Dating will walk you through the rest of the process. You’ll be asked to choose or add a profile picture, as well as select what kind of relationship you’re looking for.
You’ll also have the chance to add information about yourself and what you’re looking for in a relationship. Remember, you can be as creative as you like with your dating profile! You have the opportunity to give potential dates a real insight into your personality, as well as what you’re looking for in a partner, so take advantage of it.
Here are the steps you need to follow to create a facebook dating profile:
- Login your facebook app
- Next, locate and tap on the menu button
- Tap dating from the dropdown menu
- Tap get started from the facebook dating page
- Fill out the registration and then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the processes.
Bear in mind that you will need to turn on your location and also indicate the people you are interested in so that facebook will carry out the matching for you automatically.
How to find a date on Facebook
Now that you’ve created your dating profile, the next step is to find a date! While scrolling through Facebook and keeping an eye out for intriguing profiles might seem like a good place to start, there are plenty of other ways to meet someone special online.
First dates are meant to be fun and casual; so, you can use Facebook dating to find dates in a way that suits your personality and dating style. Some great ways to find dates on Facebook include:
- Use Facebook Groups – There are tons of groups out there for people of all interests and hobbies, including dating groups. Not only are these great places to connect with like-minded people and make new friends, but there may be a lot of couples who are members of these groups and happy to set you up with someone special!
- Use Facebook Events – Date ideas don’t have to be limited to swiping left or right on your phone. Facebook events are a great way to meet new friends and find dates. From music festivals to wine tasting events, there are always events on Facebook that you can join!
- Join Dating Apps – If you’re looking for something a bit more serious (and casual dating apps like Tinder can be jarring), you can sign up for dating apps that are connected to Facebook. Apps like Tinder and Bumble allow you to connect with people who are also on Facebook.
Other ways you can use Facebook for dating
Now that you know how to use Facebook dating to get dates and how to create your dating profile, you might be wondering what else you can do to find love online. While we’ve highlighted a few ways to use Facebook for dating in this article, there are plenty of other ways to find love on Facebook.
Here are a few different ways to use Facebook for dating:
- Find love on Facebook Groups – As we’ve mentioned, there are a ton of dating groups on Facebook. Groups are a great place to meet like-minded people and make new friends, and finding love is always a bonus!
- Find love on Facebook Events – As well as dating events, there are also plenty of other types of events on Facebook that are worth checking out. From festivals to meet-ups for specific interests, there’s something for everybody!
- Find love on Facebook Messenger – While Facebook dating is a great way to find dates, messaging your friends on Facebook can be a good way to make new friends. This is especially true if you’re looking to make friends who share your interests and don’t want to date you!
Tips for using Facebook to find love and romance
Before you dive into the world of Facebook dating, it’s important to remember that dating online comes with a few unique challenges. It can take a while to find someone you connect with on an emotional level, even when you’re using a dating app that makes things a lot easier.
Once you’ve found someone you like, it’s important to keep the conversation flowing (but not too hot and heavy too soon). You don’t want to scare your new love interest away by coming on too strong, too quickly.
Instead, you should aim to keep things friendly, fun, and flirty. Finally, remember that dating online is about more than where you meet somebody; it’s about who you meet. Keep an open mind, and you’re sure to find love in a digital world.
Finding love in a digital world
While it’s certainly possible to find love online, it’s important to remember that finding love online is not the same as finding love in real life. You might find someone you like online, but that doesn’t mean that you know all there is to know about them.
While online dating can be a great way to meet people and make friends, it’s important to remember that people come with all kinds of different backgrounds and experiences. Be open-minded, kind, and considerate – and you just might find your soulmate in a digital world!
One of the biggest advantages to dating online is that you can do it from the comfort of your own home. This gives you the opportunity to meet more people than you might in person, as well as narrow down your dating pool to people who you might not have ever had the chance to meet.
Tips to Help You Successfully Date Using Facebook
Now that you know how to use Facebook dating to get dates and how to find love in a digital world, you might be wondering how best to use Facebook for dating to find a meaningful relationship. Here are a few tips to help you successfully date using Facebook:
- Stay active – Dating is a numbers game, but that doesn’t mean that you should be looking for love from the comfort of your couch. Make sure you’re staying active and meeting new people, and you’re likely to find success using Facebook for dating.
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself – While it’s important that you’re meeting new people, it’s important to remember that you don’t have to pretend to be somebody you’re not. While it’s fine to be a little bit