With over 2 billion users worldwide, Facebook is the most popular social media network out there. And with recent changes to their algorithm and updated user experience, Facebook has also become one of the most important digital marketing platforms for ecommerce businesses.
With more than 1.6 billion monthly active users, there’s a huge opportunity for brands and businesses to connect with people and grow their audience on Facebook.
In fact, it’s even the fifth largest search engine in the world! If you have old stuff in your attic that you don’t need anymore or if you are looking to sell some things so that you can buy new ones, this article will teach you how to use Facebook Marketplace to sell your old stuff for cash.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace is a standalone app from Facebook that allows users to buy, sell, and exchange goods with people in their local area. If you have ever used Craigslist, eBay, or Gumtree to buy and sell things, you will find Facebook Marketplace very similar.
It’s a place where people can connect with each other and have their items listed for sale. And it’s also a place where you can go to sell your old stuff for cash.
Facebook Marketplace is different from Facebook Groups and Facebook Buy and Sell pages. The Marketplace app is available on both iOS and Android devices, while Facebook groups and pages are only available on the desktop version of the Facebook app.
Facebook Marketplace has been around since 2016, when it was still in testing phase with a select number of users. It was officially released in the United States the following year.
How to List Your Items on Facebook Marketplace
Selling on Facebook Marketplace is easy. You just have to list your items for sale and wait for interested buyers to message you. To list your items, follow these steps: Go to the Facebook Marketplace app or the facebook marketplace web on your desktop. If you are logged in to Facebook, you will go to the app instantly.
Also read: 20 Most Important Facebook Marketplace Hacks for Selling Your Stuff
If you aren’t logged in, you will be asked to log in to Facebook and go to the app instantly. Once inside the app, tap “Sell Items” and then choose which item(s) you want to sell. Tap “Start Selling”, and you will be taken to the listing screen. Thereafter, you will need to follow the onscreen instructions to list your items on facebook marketplace.
Tips for Selling Goods on Facebook Marketplace
- If you’ve ever used Craigslist or eBay, you will find selling your items on Facebook Marketplace very easy. If you have items that you don’t use anymore, consider putting them up for sale on Facebook Marketplace. There is a huge audience on Facebook, and you might as well take advantage of it by listing your items.
- When listing your items for sale, try and use high-quality photos. Facebook Marketplace doesn’t have a high barrier of entry, so you can expect to see a lot of low-quality photos like blurry shots and badly lit images. If you want to get buyers interested in your items, make sure your photos are clear and professionally shot.
- Keep in mind that buyers can leave you feedback once they receive the item they bought from you. This is similar to eBay, where buyers can leave feedback for sellers. If you have a bad feedback, it can affect the number of people who view your items in the future.
- Keep your items priced low so that you get more sales. Facebook Marketplace has a huge audience and lots of visitors, but you can’t expect every item to sell. Keep in mind that some sellers keep their items on the market for months and years before selling them.
Is Facebook Marketplace Worth It?
Facebook Marketplace is worth it if you have items to sell and if you want to make some extra cash. Some people prefer to sell their items on Facebook Marketplace because it’s easier than selling them on eBay or Craigslist.
So, if you have lots of items to get rid of and you don’t have time to post them on different platforms, consider selling them on Facebook Marketplace. Facebook Marketplace is worth it if you are willing to be patient.
It will take some time before you get your first customer, and you might get impatient. But if you keep at it, you can make more sales on a single platform. If you have lots of items to get rid of and you have the time to post them on multiple platforms, consider selling them on Facebook Marketplace.
Tips for selling your old stuff on FB marketplace
- Make sure that you only list items that you haven’t used in a while. If you list your items as “new”, it will turn off potential buyers.
- Avoid posting items that are seasonal. If you want to sell your items for cash, avoid listing items that are only used during certain seasons. For example, if you want to sell your winter jacket for cash, don’t list the item when summer is just around the corner.
- Don’t price your items too low. While some people might want to buy your items at a low price, others will want to buy your items at a higher price. If you want to make enough money from selling your items, consider pricing them fairly.
Pros and Cons of Selling on Facebook Marketplace
- Pros: You can make money from selling your items. Lots of people visit Facebook Marketplace, so you have a wide audience to sell your items to. You can also list your items at any time of the day or night.
- Cons: Facebook Marketplace has no barrier of entry, so you might have to compete against lots of low-quality items.
- Pros: You can make money from selling your items. Lots of people visit Facebook marketplace, so you have a wide audience to sell your items to. You can also list your items at any time of the day or night.
- Cons: Facebook marketplace has a reputation, so you might have to deal with scammers. If you want to make a lot of money from selling your items, you might have to pay a fee.
How to sell on Facebook Marketplace for cash
- If you want to sell your items for cash on Facebook Marketplace, make sure that you list your items for sale. You can list your items by following these steps:
- Log in to Facebook Marketplace. If you are not logged in, you will be asked to log in.
- Tap “Sell Items” and select the item(s) that you want to sell.
- Tap “Start Selling” and select the item category that best describes your item.
- Enter the price of your item, select the condition of your item, and enter a short description of your item.
- Tap “Post” to list your item for sale.
- Wait for interested buyers to message you and sell your items.
Nowadays, people are always looking to make some extra cash. If you have old stuff that you no longer need, consider putting them up for sale on Facebook Marketplace. Facebook Marketplace has a huge audience, so there’s a good chance that you will sell your items for cash.
If you are looking for a way to make some quick cash, consider posting your items for sale on Facebook Marketplace. It’s a great way to get rid of your old stuff and make a little money. If you want to make more money from selling your items, consider pricing your items fairly.