Ways to Respond to a Dry Text from someone
When you’re texting a guy you like, he either begins to send one-word messages, responds slowly, or doesn’t react at all. These three things are all typical examples of dry texting. Dry texting may indicate that he isn’t particularly interested in you, but it could also indicate that you simply need to adjust your texting tactics to pique his interest enough to reply. We’ll go over several texts you may send to revive a stale text conversation, gauge his level of interest, and choose when to end it. Continue reading for a list of ways you can reply to a guy’s dull text!
This essay is based on a conversation with Julianne, our certified social worker and professional dating coach.
Here are a few ideas for texts you could send to a dry texter:
- “Hey, how’s your day going?”
- “I saw something today that reminded me of you and wanted to share it with you”
- “What are your plans for the weekend?”
- “I know you’ve been busy lately, but I just wanted to check in and see how you’re doing”
- “I saw a funny meme that made me think of you, thought I’d share it”
- “Do you have any recommendations for a good book/movie/tv show to check out?”
- “Do you want to catch up over a video call or in person sometime this week?”
- “I know we haven’t talked much lately, but I just wanted to let you know I’m here if you need someone to talk to”
It’s important to be mindful of the other person’s boundaries and respect their communication preferences. If they prefer to communicate less frequently, it’s important to respect that and not try to force more communication.