If you’ve been looking for a way to grow your business and maximize your sales, Facebook Marketplace is a great option. With its immense reach and ease of use, it’s no surprise that more and more businesses are turning to Facebook Marketplace.
Whether you’re an experienced seller or completely new to the platform, this comprehensive guide will provide you with all the information you need to make the most of Facebook Marketplace.
We’ll discuss the basics of setting up your shop, how to navigate the platform, and how to make sure your products stand out from the crowd. By the end of this guide, you’ll have a clear understanding of how to use Facebook Marketplace to help your business succeed. Let’s get started!
What is Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace is a platform that connects buyers and sellers in your area through Facebook. The marketplace is free to use and allows you to host your own online store right in Facebook.
The marketplace is open to any business or individual selling new or used items, as well as services. It is also a great way to sell seasonal items, like clothing, school supplies, and decorations, that you may not sell year-round.
The platform works by displaying nearby listings in the designated Marketplace section of your Facebook feed. When a user purchases an item from your listing, it sends them to a private conversation in Messenger where they can complete the transaction.
Facebook Marketplace is available in over 30 countries, with more being added each year.
The Benefits of Using Facebook Marketplace for Business
- Facebook Marketplace is a proven channel for sales. With over 2 billion users, Facebook provides merchants with an incredible potential for new customers.
- Facebook is easy to use. The platform is intuitive and easy to navigate, which makes it a great choice for beginners or those who don’t have the time to learn a new platform.
- Facebook Marketplace is convenient. You can set up your shop and start selling right from your Facebook feed. All payments are sent through Messenger, and you receive order notifications right in your inbox.
- Facebook Marketplace is free. Unlike other channels, like eBay, that charge a listing fee or take a cut from your profits, Facebook Marketplace is free to use. You’re responsible for all shipping costs and payment processing.
- Facebook Marketplace is targeted. With Facebook’s robust targeting options, you can find the people most likely to buy from you.
Navigating the Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace has a three-tabbed interface that makes it easy to navigate the platform. When you’re in the Marketplace tab, you’ll see a feed filled with items for sale in your area.
You can scroll through the feed to see all the items for sale, click on an item to view the details, or click “Sell Something” to start selling. You can also search for items by clicking the magnifying glass in the top right corner of your feed.
To view your “Sold” items, click on the Orders tab, and to view all your customer service tickets and messages, click on the Help tab.
Making Your Products Stand Out on Facebook Marketplace
One of the biggest challenges of selling on Facebook Marketplace is standing out from the crowd. There are millions of products listed on Facebook Marketplace every day, so your products need to stand out if you want to see sales.
Fortunately, there are a few easy ways to make sure your products are seen by Facebook Marketplace shoppers.
- Choose a good title. When creating a title for your product listing, make sure you’re including all the relevant keywords for that item. This will help your listing get found when people search for those keywords.
- Include clear and accurate photos. Customers are likely to click on your listing if they can see what your products look like. Make sure you have several clear photos of your products from different angles.
- Offer a competitive price. While you do want to make a profit, it’s also important to price your products competitively. If you price your products too high, you won’t get any sales. If you price your products too low, you might make a profit, but you might not be able to resell it later.
Tips for Selling on Facebook Marketplace
- Use targeted demographics. With Facebook’s robust targeting tools, you can find your ideal customer. Click “Edit Keywords” to add keywords to your product listing and target the people most likely to buy from you.
- Promote your shop. One of the best ways to generate sales on Facebook Marketplace is to promote your shop. Facebook Marketplace gives you three ways to promote your shop: Boost Posts, Boosted Posts, and paid ads.
- Stay organized. Facebook Marketplace is a great way to sell seasonal items, but you’ll want to make sure they’re organized. Create a folder in your Facebook account to store all of your marketplace items. This will keep your feed organized and easy to navigate.
Facebook Marketplace Insights
- Reach. Facebook Marketplace has the potential to reach millions of people. In fact, 80% of people on Facebook use Marketplace, and it’s growing in popularity in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Frequency. The average user visits Marketplace 4-6 times per month and stays on the platform for over 10 minutes each time.
- Conversion. Facebook Marketplace has an average conversion rate of 1-2%–but that number could be much higher if you follow best practices for selling on Marketplace.
- Loyalty. Once you’ve built up a loyal customer base, they’ll come back again and again. Facebook Marketplace has a high level of customer loyalty, with 42% of users purchasing from the same person 3-5 times per year.
The Future of Facebook Marketplace for Business
Facebook Marketplace is growing in popularity and usage. The number of people using Marketplace has grown by 80% in the last two years, and Facebook has plans to introduce digital payment services and increase marketing to expand the reach of Marketplace.
Facebook Marketplace is also expanding to offer new services and features, like the ability to host in-person events and create collections of related products. These new features will make Marketplace even more helpful for sellers and give you even more ways to grow your business.
Facebook Marketplace Alternatives
Facebook Marketplace is a great way to sell your products, but there are a few other ecommerce channels you might want to consider. Each of these has its own unique benefits and drawbacks, so you’ll want to weigh them against each other to decide which platform is best for you.
- eBay – eBay is an established ecommerce channel with a robust marketplace and an extensive seller community. eBay charges listing and final value fees, but you have access to a wider audience.
- Amazon – Amazon has a reputation for being the marketplace to sell on, and with good reason. Amazon charges fees for selling on their platform, but they also have a wider customer base.
- Shopify – Shopify is a robust ecommerce platform that is great for both experienced and new sellers. It’s easy to set up and manage your store, and it offers a wide range of tools and features.