To change your name on Facebook do the following:
1. If you’ve already logged into your Facebook account, review Facebook name standards
2. Click on the small triangular-shaped icon in the top right corner of your Facebook homepage and choose Settings
3. On the new page that displays, choose Name
4. Then enter your name and hit on the “Review Change” button to continue
5. Yinally, enter your password and click in the spaces provifed and click “Save Changes“.
Reasons why you may want to change your name on Facebook There are a number of reasons why some persons may want to change their last name on Facebook. Here’re the most popular reasons why people changes their name in real life as well as on Facebook.
1. They dislike their current Facebook name
If you do not like your current Facebook account name, you can file for a change of name by following the procedures highlighted above.
2. Couples Combining or Hyphenating Surnames to Form a New One
Another popular trend with married or cohabitating couples is the creation of a new surname using parts of each partner’s name or simply hyphenating the two last names for a brand new joint surname.
Again, some states permit the combining or hyphenation of married couples’ surnames.
3. Desire for a Less or More “Ethnic” Name
People with names that are identifiably “ethnic” sometimes request name changes for various reasons, including ease of pronunciation and spelling; on the other hand, some individuals would like to reclaim their ethnic heritage by returning to a surname that may have been lost over the years or by the adoption of a new one.
4. Changing Name Following Divorce
Women who are no longer married to a man may also wish to change their last name to their parents name or whatever name they choose.
5. Religious Reasons
Whether it’s because of a recent religious conversion or simply to honor a person’s religious deity, name changes for religious reasons are quite common.
Some Christians may want to switch name on Facebook to reflect their baptismal name.
6. Same-Sex Partners Sharing Surname
Although same-sex partners may not be allowed to legally marry in all states, they can choose to share a surname, which can be particularly convenient in financial or legal transactions.
7. Political Statement
Although some may consider it extreme to change your name to support a cause, name changes for political reasons are not unheard of.
If you want to see how you can deactivate your account via your personal computer, click here.
If you are yet to have an account, click here for a complete guide on how to create an awesome Facebook account.
If you don’t want to deactivate your account temporarily, you can choose to delete it forever. Click here for our helpful tips on how you can delete Facebook account completely.