Related Posts:how to deactivate facebook messenger 2019
how to deactivate messenger lite
cant deactivate messenger
how to deactivate messenger without deactivating facebook
can i deactivate messenger but keep facebook
no deactivate option on messenger
if i deactivate messenger will messages disappear
how to deactivate facebook 2019
- Open Messenger
- Click on your profile on the leading left.
- Go to Legal and Policies > Deactivate Messenger.
- Enter your password as well as click Continue.
- Faucet Deactivate.
- Click on your profile photo in the top left.
- Tap Active Status.
- Make use of the toggle on top of the display to transform your Active Status on or off.
- You will certainly now be revealed as non-active. You can also disable notifications by:
- Going to Notifications and Sounds.
- Turn on Do Not Disturb status.
Are There Differences Between Deleting And Deactivating Facebook?
Yes! Interestingly, Facebook lets its users delete or deactivate their account.
Deleting your Facebook account
Deleting a Facebook account removes it from public view on the social network, alongside anything you’ve ever posted or uploaded to its servers.
Since some things like messages aren’t stored on your account, your friends may still be able to see them. When you delete your Facebook account, you can’t regain access once it’s completely deleted by Facebook.
Facebook is on the internet, so it’s important to remember some things just can’t be deleted forever.
Deactivating your Facebook account
Deactivating a Facebook account enables users to hide their timeline, profile, and posts out of public view. You can reactivate whenever you want. Of course, some content like messages may still be visible by friends.
HOW TO DELETE YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
- Login to Facebook.com with your username and password
- Navigate to Facebook’s delete account page
- Confirm to Facebook you want to delete your account and data
- To delete your Facebook account, you have to submit a form to Facebook.
From there, you’ll acknowledge that Facebook is deleting your account on your behalf, and you will not be able to reactivate your account. Before deleting your account, be sure to download your Facebook information through a tool on the social network.
To deactivate your Facebook account, go to Facebook’s settings menu, and then select Manage Account.
From there, you’ll tap Deactivate next to an account.
When your Facebook account is deactivated:
- No one else can see your profile.
- Some information, like messages you sent to friends, may still be visible.
- Your friends may still see your name in their friends list. This is only visible to your friends, and only from their friends list.
- Group admins may still be able to see your posts and comments, along with your name.
You can still have Messenger with a deactivated account
You can still chat with friends on Messenger, and your Facebook profile picture will still be visible in your conversations on Messenger. Other people can search for you to send you a message, as well.
HOW TO DEACTIVATE FACEBOOK MESSENGER
You can only deactivate Messenger if you previously deactivated your Facebook account.
To deactivate it, open Messenger, then tap your profile picture in the top left corner, and go to Privacy & Terms > Deactivate Messenger. From there, enter your password and tap Continue. Next, tap Deactivate.
To reactivate your Facebook account, you’ll need to have access to the email or mobile number you use to log in to complete the reactivation.