If you’re reading this, we’re going to assume that you already know what Netflix is and what it does. (If not, well…it’s basically a streaming service that lets you watch movies and shows on demand. No biggie.) But now the real question is: How do you sign up for Netflix? Well, let us help you with that.
Once you get past the initial ‘OMG how cool is this?!’ response from finding out about their existence, it can be daunting trying to figure out exactly where to begin with signing up for a new subscription service like Netflix.
Where do you even start? How much does it cost? Do I need a laptop, phone or tablet to use it? Do I need a special program or app to access it? Is there some kind of hidden sign-up code I need to know before I can access the site? All valid questions which we answer for you here…
Step 1: What Devices Can You Use To Watch Netflix?
Depending on your location, device and type of Netflix subscription, you may be able to watch Netflix content on a wide range of devices, including computers, laptops, smartphones, tablets and gaming consoles. A simplified list of devices that supports Netflix and their associated operating systems are as follows:
- Computer/Laptop: Windows 7+, Mac OS 10.10+, Chromebook
- Mobile Devices: iOS 9+, Android 4.2+
- TV-connected Devices: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, Wii, Apple TV (4th gen), Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast
Step 2: How Much Does Netflix Cost?
Netflix has different subscription plans that vary depending on your location. In general, the more you pay, the more content you can access.
- There are three plans available: Basic, Standard and Premium.
- The Basic plan is available in every country and costs $8 per month. It comes with a single screen in standard definition (SD) quality.
- The Standard plan costs anywhere between $9 and $16 per month, depending on your location and payment method. It includes two simultaneous screens in high definition (HD) quality.
- The Premium plan costs between $12 and $18 per month, again, depending on your location and payment method. It includes four simultaneous screens in HD or ultra-HD (UHD) quality.
Step 3: Sign Up For A Free Month And Try It Out
Depending on where you live and what plan you choose, you may be able to sign up for a free one-month trial to Netflix. This is a great opportunity to try it out, see if you like it and decide whether or not you want to commit to the service.
If you want to sign up for a free trial, you can visit the Netflix website, select your desired plan and enter your payment information. Be sure to select the ‘No Thanks’ option on the first page of the sign-up process and proceed to the next page where you can choose to sign up for a free one-month trial.
Step 4: Decide If You Want To Keep Using Netflix
If you’re like most people, you’ll sign up for a free one-month trial, give the service a try and realize that the Netflix experience is pretty awesome. You’ll be blown away by the selection of movies and TV shows available to stream instantly and you’ll wonder why you didn’t sign up for a subscription before. It’s okay, we’ve all been there.
If you decide you want to keep using Netflix, you can: Cancel your subscription before the end of your free trial and start paying for your chosen plan.
- If you choose to cancel before the end of your free trial, you won’t be charged for anything.
Step 5: How To Sign Up For Netflix
If you’re certain that you want to sign up for Netflix, the process is pretty straightforward.
Visit the Netflix website, select your desired plan and payment option, enter your payment information and complete the sign-up process. You may be asked to create a login name, password and accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’.
Depending on your location, you may also be able to sign up for Netflix through your TV remote or game console, if they support the Netflix app. The sign-up process will vary depending on which device you use.
Here are the steps you need to follow to easily sign up netflix account:
- Open your computer and visit netflix.com
- Next, enter your email address in the space provided and click get started
- On the next page, click Next to continue
- Enter your password in the space provided
- Afterward, click next
- Click Next
- Now, you will need to choose your plan which ranges from mobile, basic, standard and premium
- Click Next
- On the next page, you will be required to add your credit card details. Add if you still want to proceed and follow the onscreen instructions to start watching movies on netflix.
- Add your credit card information
- Tick the box to agree to their terms and conditions
- Lastly, click Start Membership
Those are the steps you need to follow to start using netflix account. It is that simple and easy.
Netflix login payment
Now that you know how to sign up for Netflix and have completed the sign-up process, you may be wondering how Netflix logging in works. You may have already noticed that, before you can access the content in your Netflix account, you have to log in to the Netflix website or app. You can log in to your Netflix account in a number of ways, depending on your device and location.
- Computer/Laptop: Enter your login name and password in the login fields.
- Mobile Device: You can log in to Netflix through your device’s web browser. The first time you visit Netflix, it will prompt you to log in or create an account. Once you’re logged in, you will be able to access your Netflix account through your device’s web browser.
- TV-connected Devices: Logging in to Netflix through your TV is slightly different from logging in through a computer or mobile device. Depending on the device you use, you may be asked to enter a code, scan a QR code or use a virtual keypad.
That is it on Netflix Account Sign Up – How To Create Netflix Account. I trust this article was helpful. Kindly like and share!!!