If you no longer want to use Facebook to advertise your business to prospective customers, closing your
Facebook account takes only a few minutes. Deleting your account not only removes your personal profile but all of your business pages, and your Timeline disappears immediately, too.
Facebook will store your account data on its servers for 14 days after you ask to have the account deleted, so you can recover your account and business pages if you change your mind.
How to quit or delete a Facebook account
1. Log in to your Facebook account, if you are not already logged in.
2. Navigate to the “Delete My Account” page on Facebook (link in Resources).
3. Click the “Delete My Account” button.
4. Type your password in the Password field, and then type the text you see in the captcha image in the corresponding text box to confirm that you are not a robot.
5. Click “Okay” to deactivate the account immediately and schedule it for deletion.
6. Click “Okay” to close the dialog box and return to Facebook.
Note the folowing;
a. To recover an account, log in using your email and password.
b. You have 14 days to restore your Facebook account. After that, the account will be permanently deleted and you will no longer be able to recover your data.