Here, you can upload images of the products that you intend to sell to people who may be interested in them. You are able to sell different categories of products right on your Facebook app.
- Log into your Facebook account, then click the SHOP ICON, Facebook will give you more information on how to proceed with joining the platform.
- You will need to add items you are selling as prompted by Facebook, you can add multiple photos if you like, Facebook does not charge you for that, unlike other online marketplaces.
- Then enter a title, a brief and catchy title that easily describes or explains what you are selling to your target audience. You are limited to 100 character limits by Facebook while entering your title, so you have to make it brief and catchy as possible.
- Facebook will then ask you to describe the items you are selling; you need to add detailed information about the items you are selling.
- Then you can add a price for the items you are selling which is often displayed in your local currency, which you can change later if you wish.
- Then choose a location and a category your products fall into the list provided by facebook, your products will be advertised in the locations you choose.
- Once you have followed these steps accurately, facebook will make your items visible for people in your location to find. Your items will be taken to a management area where you can easily communicate with buyers and update your items’ info.
- You can Search Facebook Marketplace listings and find out items near you to purchase; you can find items ranging from clothes, gadgets, vehicles, real estate and used items placed on sale in Marketplace by people in your area. To buy on Marketplace, follow these steps:
- your facebook app; click the store icon at the top of your page below the search bar, this will open the marketplace.
- Tap the CATEGORIES link at the top of the page to view the list of all the item categories on marketplace, you can scroll through categories to find recent posts from all categories.
- Then choose a specific category to view, there are categories for jobs, rentals, vehicles, items from people and more. Once you select a particular category, you can view recent posts in that particular category.
- You can still decide to search for the items you wish to buy by using the marketplace search bar; you can simply type the keywords on the search bar and tap the search button to find items.
- If you find an item you are interested in, you can click on the item to view its details. Just tap the picture or title to enable you to open the details of the item.
- Click on ASK FOR DETAILS to automatically send a message to a seller to know if the item is still available for sale.
- Tap the MESSAGE button to write a message to the seller to ask them directly about the item you wish to buy.
- Then you can tap SAVE to save the post to your saved page which would make it easy for you to locate the item later if you are really interested in buying it. Search Facebook Marketplace makes it easy for you to find new items you would love to buy from people in your local area, as well as post listings for items you would like to sell.
- The marketplace feature enables you to perform various options you want to on the platform such as selling items, viewing listings of products on sale, managing your items on sale and buying items with ease on the platform.
I hope this article was helpful.