How do I create a new account for Skype
The most popular features of Skype, a proprietary communications platform run by Skype Technologies, a Microsoft subsidiary, include VoIP-based voice calls, videoconferencing, and videotelephony. Additionally, it includes other capabilities including file sharing, instant messaging, and debit-based calls to landlines and mobile phones over conventional telephone networks. Numerous desktop, mobile, and gaming console platforms support Skype.
Niklas Zennström, Janus Friis, and four Estonian developers produced Skype, which was originally made available in August 2003. eBay paid $2.6 billion to acquire Skype in September 2005. When Silver Lake, Andreessen Horowitz, and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board acquired 65 percent of Skype from eBay in September 2009 for $1.9 billion, they valued the company at $2.92 billion. Microsoft purchased Skype for $8.5 billion in May 2011 and utilized it to replace Windows Live Messenger. In 2011, Tallinn and Tartu, Estonia, hosted the majority of the development team and 44% of all division personnel.
Set up a Skype account.
- It is impossible to make a Skype call without a Skype account. Therefore, setting up an account is required first.
- Open the website http://www.skype.com/intl/en/home and click on “Join Skype”.
- Please provide your first name, last name, and two separate email addresses on this website.
- You only need to enter the nation under profile information; if you click the arrowhead, a list of countries is shown. Select your nation by clicking on its name in the drop-down menu. The further information is optional but you are free to fill it out.
- Scroll down if you would. The Skype name is the next field that must be completed. It resembles a phone number in certain ways. If you later give someone your Skype name, they might call you using it.
- Decide on a unique Skype username. If you select the question mark next to the input box, instructions for using it will appear.
- Select a password and say it aloud as well. Please keep your Skype username and password in mind.
- Then enter the “captcha” text, which is a special access control code, in the area below, and then click “I accept – continue.” By clicking this button, you attest to your acceptance of Skype’s terms of service and privacy statement. Click on the links above the “I agree” button to read them.
- You will be notified if another person is already using the Skype name you have selected. If this is the case, re-create the account using a different Skype name.