Want to know how to block and unblock people on Facebook?
This post is going to show you “how to” in a few minutes.
The steps involved in getting the duo done on Facebook are not as tough as you may think.
Blocking or unblocking on Facebook is a simple stuff if you know where to find them in your account settings.
Well, a lot of persons over time has found it very difficult to block and unblock friends since Facebook
embedded the feature in the heart of their account setting pages.
This article will teach you how to uncover your Facebook account settings page and then block or
unblock the persons you want.
So looking for the easiest way to blocking or unblocking a friend on Facebook?
This post got you covered.
In this post, you’ll be seeing the step by step guides on how to block and unblock a Facebook friend
Trust me, the procedure is going to be user-friendly in such a way that even newbies could actually
follow them and get people blocked or unblocked on Facebook at the comfort of their personal
computer or mobile devices with ease.
How To Block Someone On Facebook
Facebook is one of the leading social networking websites with over 2.2 billion active monthly users.
People signup accounts on Facebook on a daily basis.
Unarguably, some persons are just on the site to cause trouble to lots of other genuine users.
Thus, to curtail that, Facebook has to come up with this blocking feature which lets users restricts annoying friends from seeing their profile on Facebook.
So blocking on Facebook is never a sin.
When you block someone on Facebook, Facebook immediately does the following things to the person on the site;
1. Stop the person from tagging you in posts, comment, and photos
2. Stop the person from interacting with your stuff
3. Stop the person from seeing you on searches
4. Stop the person from accessing your timeline on Facebook and many others.
The same thing happens with blocking on Facebook Messenger.
I could remember vividly when someone asked me this question; “what happens when I block someone on Facebook Messenger?” some time ago while surfing Quora.
Of course, I did answer him accordingly.
I simply chipped in that because I know some persons may have been thinking and asking themselves the same question; what happens when I block someone on Facebook?
Won’t they get to know about it?
Okay…let me clarify that right away.
When you Facebook block account, there is what is known as “Facebook block list“ where all the persons you’ve blocked on Facebook so far are kept.
The essence of that list is this.
Facebook understands that you may somehow mistakenly block someone or have a change of mind after blocking them and would want to unblock them back.
And to do that, you’ll need to access this list and unblock them.
Tip: One of the Facebook blocking rules states that when you unblock someone, you must send them a friend request before you can be reconnected with them.
If I block someone on Facebook can I still see them?
When you block a friend on Facebook, according to the Facebook blocking rules, your relationship with the person gets terminated on the site.
You that blocks somebody and the person that was blocked can’t see each other excepts you unblock the person, send him/her a fresh friend request and the request must be accepted before you can be reconnected.
Once that person accepts the request, you can then start seeing them on the site.
And likewise them.
Well, since some Facebook friends can be so annoying there is no point wasting time. Let’s dive into the step by step guide on how to block them straight up.
How to Block People on Browsers
To block somebody using your personal or desktop computer, do the following;
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
Note that if you’ve already logged in, when you enter https://www.facebook.com you’ll be taken to your Facebook news feed.
But if you’re yet to log in to your account, when you enter the URL into your browser, you’ll be taken to the Facebook homepage.
Now, go to the top right corner of the page and you should see where you can enter your login details. Do that accordingly and click on the login button and you should be taken to your news feed.
2. On your Facebook news feed, go to the top right corner and you should see something like this symbol🔻. Click on it and a drop-down menu will appear. See the screenshot below.
3. Next, click Settings from the drop-down menu. This will open a new page known generally as account settings page. This is where Facebook buried a lot of settings in your account.
3. Go the left column of the page that appears and you should see an option that says Blocking. Click that option and you should be taken to the manage blocking page.
That is it. This is where Facebook actually hid your blocking and unblocking features. On that page, you can do things like block messages, block friends, block apps, and many others.
4. Now, scroll to the block users section of that page. Here, you should see a space where you can actually type in something. Enter the name of the person you want to block in that space.
5. Finally, click Block next to their name on that box and you’re done with blocking somebody on Facebook.
Isn’t that simple enough?
Of course, it is.
But, is there no any other way one could also hover about Facebook to block an annoying friend?
The above method shows you how to block someone on Facebook through your own profile.
There is another way you can actually follow to block people on Facebook through their own personal Facebook profile.
Let’s also check that out right here.
How To Block People On Facebook Via Their Timeline On Facebook
To block a Facebook friend via their timeline, do the following;
1. Log in to your Facebook account
2. Click on the profile name of the person you want to block and you’ll be taken to their Facebook timeline
3. Click “…” icon at the bottom right of their Facebook cover photo
4. Click Block from the small drop-down menu.
That is it.
Which of the above methods is easy for you?
Is it how to block via your timeline or their own timeline?
Please let us know by using the comment box below this post.
How To Block Someone On Facebook App
Here is how to block somebody on the Facebook app.
1. Open the Facebook app in your device. To do that, tap the Facebook app icon in your device and enter your login details to continue to your news feed if you’re yet to do that.
2. Tap the menu icon. This is the three-horizontal icon at the top right corner of the page
3. Tap Account Settings from the drop-down menu
4. Tap Blocking in the next page that appears
5. Tap “Add to Block list.” This will take you to where you can enter the name of the person you want to be blocked.
6. Now, enter the name of the person you want to block at the block users section and proceed with the below step
7. Tap on the Block option that is next to their name and you’re done.
That is it about blocking on Facebook.
Now let’s proceed to the second part of this post: Unblocking on Facebook.
How To Unlock People On Facebook
Unblocking on Facebook is the reverse side of blocking on Facebook. Unblocking is simply undoing blocking Facebook action.
When you change your mind after having block a friend and unblock them, they would then be able to see your posts on Facebook that you share with the public.
At this point, they can now interact with your posts, photos, and others as usual.
However, before they would be able to do all of that, you will need to send them a friend request and wait for them to accept it.
To unblock someone on Facebook using your personal computer, do the following;
1. Log in to your Facebook account
2. Go to the top right of any Facebook account and click 🔻 icon. This will open a drop-down menu with many options.
3. Find and click on the option that says Settings. This will take you to the general account settings page on Facebook.
4. Next, scroll to the left column of the page and locate blocking. Now, click Blocking to continue to the “manage block” page.
5. Navigate to the section that says Block Users. Type the name of the person you want to block in the space provided and you should the person you want to unblock.
6. Next, check and you should an option that says unblock next to their name. Click that option and the person will be removed from your block list.
That is how to unblock somebody on Facebook that you’ve obstructed from seeing your Facebook timeline.
How To Unblock Someone On Facebook App
To unblock someone on Facebook app, do this;
1. Open your Facebook app
2. Tap on the menu icon. This is the three-horizontal icon. If you’re using iPhone you’ll need to scroll to the bottom of the page. Android device users don’t need to scroll down.
3. Tap Settings and Privacy
4. Next, tap Settings
5. Tap Blocking in the next page that appears
6. Tap Unblock. This next to the name of the person you want to remove from your Facebook block list.