Whereas a deleted Facebook account cannot be recovered or reactivated. So rather than permanently deleting your account, we advise you go for deactivating it as you may need it some other time or in the near future. Here we will teach you how you can deactivate your Facebook account via your smartphone or personal computer.
How to Deactivate a Facebook Account on Mobile
2. Next, click on the three-vertical(☰) line sign icon on your Facebook homepage, this is located at the bottom-right corner of the screen in iPhone and at the top-right corner of the screen in Android devices.
3. Then, scroll down the drop-down menu and click settings. You’ll need to skip this step in android devices.
4. Click account settings. This can be located at the top of a pop-up menu in iPhone and in the bottom of the ☰ menu in Android devices.
5. Again, click on the general button,
6. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click “manage account”.
7. Click deactivate at the bottom of the pop-up box
8. Enter your password in the space provided and click continue. This takes you to the deactivation page so that you can continue with your deactivation process.
9. Choose a reason for deactivating your account. If you tap the Other option at the bottom of the section, you’ll need to type in a reason for deactivating.
If you want Facebook to reactivate your account automatically after a week or less, choose “This is temporary. I’ll be back”. and then select a number of days to keep your account deactivated.
10. Click close if Facebook is asking you to take a different option
11. You can opt out of Facebook email notifications and/or Messenger if you like. To do so, simply click the boxes next to Opt out of receiving future emails from Facebook and Keep me signed into Messenger respectively.
12. Finally, click on deactivation.
Please note that you may be required to re-enter your Facebook password. If required, enter the password and you’re done. To reactivate your account, simply log into your account with your details.
How to Deactivate a Facebook Account on MAC and PC
To deactivate your account on a computer, do the following;
1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/
. This will take you to the Facebook homepage. On that page, enter your email and password and then click the login button to continue.
2. Next, click on the small triangular-shaped button(▼) at the top right corner of your Facebook homepage and then choose settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Click the general button. This is located at the left column of the page that displays.
4. Then click manage account
5. Click the “Deactivate your account” link. This is located above the Close button option.
6. Enter your Facebook password as required and click continue.
7. Choose a reason for deactivating. You’ll do this in the “Reason for leaving” section near the bottom of the page.
Remember, if you want Facebook to reactivate your account automatically after a week or less, select This is temporary. I’ll be back. and then select a number of days to keep your account deactivated.
8. If a different option pop-up, click close.
9. Review the exit options. Before deactivating your account, you can check or uncheck the following options:
Email opt out – Check this box to prevent Facebook from sending emails to you.
Messenger – Deactivates Facebook Messenger as well. If you don’t check this box, people will still be able to look you up and send you messages through Messenger.
Delete applications – If you’re a Facebook developer and you have created applications, they will be listed on this page. Checking this box removes them from your developer profile.
10. Click Deactivate. Re-enter your Facebook password and then finally, click deactivate now. As usual, if you want to reactivate your account, simply login your account with your details and your account will be reactivated at once.
That is it!
How to Deactivate a Facebook Account on Mobile & PC
Please share this post with your friends on Facebook and other social networking sites…Thank you!!!