The Facebook verification check mark increases your credibility on the social network and can help your marketing efforts. In this article, you will learn how to get it.
With the increase in bots and fake accounts on these platforms, it only makes sense that brand accounts have the verification mark to distinguish the legitimate from the fake.
Let’s be honest here, don’t we all want that blue check mark? Yes we do? Being a verified user on any site is one of the best ways to establish credibility on social networks.
Initially, Facebook provided gray and blue checkmarks to indicate the legitimacy of growing local brands. The gray mark is no longer available, but the blue one is still available to professionals and businesses who want to be verified.
What is Facebook verification?
Facebook verification is a process by which Facebook confirms the authenticity of a page or profile. This verification is done through a blue badge that appears next to the page or profile name. The badge serves as a symbol of authenticity and helps to increase the visibility and credibility of the page or profile.
Getting verified on Facebook can be beneficial for many reasons, such as increasing the visibility and credibility of your account, and making it easier for people to find and connect with you. It also helps to protect your account from impersonation.
Why Should You Get The Facebook Verification Mark?
There are several reasons why you should consider getting the Facebook verification mark for your page or profile.
- Increased Visibility: Verified pages and profiles have a higher visibility on the platform. They appear higher in search results and are more likely to be seen by potential customers or followers.
- Credibility: A verified page or profile is considered more credible than an unverified one. The blue badge acts as a seal of authenticity and gives users confidence that they are interacting with a legitimate page or profile.
- Brand Protection: Verifying your page or profile helps to protect your brand from impersonation. With a verified page or profile, users are less likely to be misled by fake pages or profiles that impersonate your brand.
- Access to Additional Features: Verified pages and profiles have access to additional features such as the ability to create custom URLs and create call-to-action buttons. These features can help to increase engagement and drive more traffic to your website.
- Access to Analytics: Verified pages and profiles have access to Facebook’s analytics tools, which provide valuable insights into the performance of your page or profile. This can help you to understand what is working well and what needs improvement.
To get verified on Facebook, you will need to submit a request for verification. You will need to provide documentation that confirms your identity and the authenticity of your page or profile. Once your request has been reviewed and approved, your page or profile will be verified and the blue badge will appear next to your name.
What are the basic Rules On How to Get Verified On Facebook
To get verified on Facebook, follow these basic rules:
- Make sure you have a complete and up-to-date profile, with a bio, profile picture, and cover photo.
- Verify your email address and phone number.
- Use a recognized name that is the same as the one used on your official website or social media profiles.
- Be an active user, with regular posts and engagement with your audience.
- Provide a public link to your official website or other social media profiles.
- Have a large following on your Facebook page, with a minimum of 10,000 followers.
- Provide additional information and documentation, such as a government-issued ID or proof of business registration, if requested by Facebook.
- Keep in mind that verification is not guaranteed and is at the discretion of Facebook.
Note: Keep in mind that the rules and process for getting verified on Facebook can change over time and it is best to check for the latest information on the Facebook help center.
How to get Verified on Facebook
To get verified on Facebook, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to your Facebook profile and click on the three dots on the top right corner of your cover photo.
- Select “Settings & Privacy” and then “Settings.”
- In the left-hand column, click on “Verification.”
- Click on “Verify this account” and enter your username, name, and a copy of your government-issued ID, such as a passport or driver’s license. You can also upload a business document if you’re trying to verify a business account.
- Click on “Send” and wait for Facebook to review your submission.
Please note that not all accounts are eligible for verification and that Facebook reserves the right to deny verification requests. Also, it can take some time for Facebook to review your submission, so be patient.
When submitting a verification request, it’s important to make sure that your account is fully set up and complete with a profile picture, cover photo, and bio. In addition, you should make sure that your account is in good standing and has not violated any of Facebook’s terms of service.
Another important thing to keep in mind is that Facebook only verifies accounts that represent a real person, business, or brand. If you’re a public figure or a media company, you’re more likely to get verified.
What to do when my Facebook Verification Request Didn’t Go Through.
If your Facebook verification request did not go through, there are a few things you can try to do:
- Double check that your page meets all of the current guidelines for verification, as outlined by Facebook.
- Make sure that your page is complete and up-to-date with accurate information, such as a bio, profile picture, and cover photo.
- Ensure that your page is active and has a substantial following.
- Make sure to submit all necessary documentation when applying for verification, such as a government-issued ID or proof of business registration.
- Try to reapply after some time with all the necessary requirement met.
- If you believe that your page was wrongly denied verification, you can reach out to Facebook’s support team for further assistance.
Note that verification is not guaranteed, and the final decision is at the discretion of Facebook. Also, it’s always good to check the latest information on the Facebook help center.
In conclusion, getting the Facebook verification mark for your page or profile can help to increase visibility, credibility, and brand protection. It is a simple process. It also provides access to additional features and analytics tools. So, If you have a business or personal brand, it’s worth considering getting verified on Facebook. By following the steps outlined above, you can increase the visibility and credibility of your account and make it easier for people to find and connect with you. It’s important to remember that the verification process can take time, so be patient and keep an eye on your account for a notification from Facebook.