Facebook tags Someone | How Do I tag and untag friends on Facebook: Facebook has a special feature known as ‘Facebook tag’ it spices up the use of Facebook. When you are tagged on a Facebook post, it means you’re being identified or recognized in that post.
Anytime you snap with someone and you want to identify the person, all you need to do is tag such person on your post and he/she will get notified about your post.
When the person logs in, he/she simply goes to the notification and clicks on the link to view the post directly. You can also tag someone on your post simply because you want them to see what you’ve posted.
Anyone that is tagged on any update gets a copy of that update on his or her timeline. Even if the person doesn’t go online for long, he or she sees it once logged in.
How to tag friends on your Facebook post
Have you been wondering on how you can upload a post with your friends identified in the post? Don’t worry, just relax and find what you have been looking for in the tips below:
- Once you’ve reviewed the picture you want to upload
- Click on edit. In some cases, you will see the tag icon, click on it
- Sometimes Facebook suggests friends for you. All you need to do is to search for the name of a friend you will like to tag in the search engine
- Click on done when you’ve found the person you are looking for and that’s all about tagging someone
How to remove yourself from a post that you are tagged in
Being tagged on Facebook can be very annoying at times because people get to tag you on irrelevant and unnecessary things and this can be quite disturbing. You need not worry as following these procedures will help you limit or control the tags whether you’re online or not, just follow the tips below:
- Click on the options at the bottom of the photo if it is a picture you are tagged in
- Tap on the untag myself option
- Click on remove tag and yes, you are no longer tagged in the photo. Note that the photo will no longer show up on your timeline under the options of photos of you.
How to limit who can see photos or posts that you are tagged in
If you don’t want everybody to see posts that you are being tagged in, or you want to limit the audience as to what happened in your timeline, then you can follow the guide below:
- Go to privacy settings page and click on timeline and tagging option.
- To review posts friends tag you in before they show on your timeline, click on yes. With this setting enabled, you will be notified when you are tagged and can choose whether an individual tag will show up on your timeline.
- Your choices here are standard, just go to settings and adjust it to everyone, friends, friends of friends, custom or the only my option. This is the most private option as your friends will not see posts that you are tagged in.
Why you should use the Facebook tag
The Facebook tag is a very interesting feature of Facebook. A lot of people tag for several reasons. Some of the reasons why people tag on Facebook include:
- People tag on Facebook in order to get likes on their posts. The friends of the person or persons tagged in the post get to like the post and as such get to have more likes than usual.
- You can tag on Facebook for feedback
- The more you tag on Facebook, the more comment, and shares you get. Also, the more people get to see your posts as well
- Lots of updates posted by friends appear on a Facebook user’s wall depending on the number of friends.
But Facebook tag enables you to reach the friends you want to see your updates faster. Once tagged, Facebook will send a notification to the person involved.
In conclusion, to tag other people or Pages in a photo on facebook, do the following:
- Go to your Page and click the photo you want to tag.
- Click in the top right.
- Click the person or Page in the photo.
- Begin typing the person’s or Page’s name, then select them from the list that appears.
- Click Done Tagging at the bottom.
That is it on Facebook tags Someone | How Do I tag and untag friends on Facebook – Facebook Untag. Kindly share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!
Facebook Comments Box