To search for another user on Facebook is very easy. However, before you proceed
to search for a friend on Facebook, make sure that you’re not only spelling their
name correctly but that you’re also using the name that they’ve chosen to use for
their Facebook account. The reason is that some Facebook users choose to use their
initials or even a nickname on their profiles. What this simply implies is that if you’re
searching for someone using their real name you may end up not seeing them. So,
you have to employ some kind of a trial and error technique here.
To search for your friend using the Facebook search bar, do the following;
1. Log into your Facebook either by Facebook app or by using your desktop computer
2. Type the person’s name in the search bar. This is located at the top of your
Facebook home page. When you finish entering the name, click the search button to
continue. Note that you’ve to try it with all the names that you’ve known your
friends with. If at last, you can see the person, it may be that you might have been
blocked by the person. Check If You Have Been Via Facebook Messenger You can also
figure out if you’ve been blocked by someone via Facebook Messenger app. To do
this, try to send a direct message to them. Here’s how;
1. Go to the Facebook Messenger app in your device and tap to open it up.
2. On the page that displays, locate the icon that looks a lot like a pen and notepad.
Tap it. The icon can be found in the top-right corner of that page. Note that the icon
may look like a plus symbol on some versions of the app.
3. After clicking the icon, the app will prompt you to enter the name of the person
you wish to send a message to. Start typing your friend’s name in the field. If their
name and photo show up on the screen, you will be able to send them a message
and this also means that you haven’t been blocked. If they don’t show up, it means
that you’ve either been blocked or that you’ve typed their name incorrectly.
Facebook Comments Box